Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Well, here we go *update

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 19 Replies
I have my 3 hour glucose test today :/ Here's to not eating till 5pm! Them bishes be crazy..
Anywho, wish me luck!

** my old dr office was "too busy" to fax my records so I have to fast ag ain and take it tomorrow... yay starving for no reason
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
disneygirl85
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I had mine a week ago, so I feel your pain! I had to fast from midnight on and didn't have my appointment until 2 in the afternoon. Good luck!
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Till 5pm?! Seesh that's a long time! (I always did mine early in the morning and was eating by 12-1) GL! 

SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I've never had to fast for the glucose test. That would suck!

Wheepingchree
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I refused the glucose test this time around and instead, had one of the midwives in my office prescribe me a glucometer so I could test myself. Way easier. Keep it in mind for next time! Do you have to fast completely?? Maybe some vegetable juices, so at least you're getting some sustenance? This is why I don't like these glucose tests - it's not safe for your blood sugar to be low for that long!! If I don't eat when I am hungry, my blood sugar dips into the 50s and I feel like crap!!
Schizomom91
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I wish I'd have thoughy of that! I'm not allowed to eat or drink anything except water and ice chips :/

Quoting Wheepingchree:

I refused the glucose test this time around and instead, had one of the midwives in my office prescribe me a glucometer so I could test myself. Way easier. Keep it in mind for next time! Do you have to fast completely?? Maybe some vegetable juices, so at least you're getting some sustenance? This is why I don't like these glucose tests - it's not safe for your blood sugar to be low for that long!! If I don't eat when I am hungry, my blood sugar dips into the 50s and I feel like crap!!

Schizomom91
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:37 AM
It sucks!
Btw how'd you do?

Quoting disneygirl85:

I had mine a week ago, so I feel your pain! I had to fast from midnight on and didn't have my appointment until 2 in the afternoon. Good luck!

disneygirl85
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:03 AM
My fasting blood sugar is 68 and I haven't heard from my doctor about my results yet, so I'm assuming I don't have gestational diabetes. I figure I would have been called otherwise, right?

Quoting Schizomom91:

It sucks!

Btw how'd you do?

Quoting disneygirl85:

Larsbug
by Laura on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM

yuck! good luck!

NatyRod
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Wow.. Good luck. :/
mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Good luck.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
pregnancy week by week
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)