Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about sciatic nerve pain

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 14 Replies
For the last few days, one or both of my legs start hurting for no reason. The pain runs from hip to about mid-calf. I know that the sciatic nerve can cause this. So my question is this.....

For those who have dealt with sciatic nerve pain, will you describe what it feels like? And how early did it show upin your pregnancy? I'm 11 weeks tomorrow.
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cruelella2to
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Mine didn't really start until 24/26 weeks. It felt like a sharp pain shooting down my hip/leg

Made a heating pad with a tall sock filled it half way with rice(uncooked) and would put it on the hip that was hurting once it started to cool down dh wouldassage the area for 15 mins then do the rice sock again. Only way I can sleep otherwise it hurts touch 38 wks now
5tyli5hLensT
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I hadn't felt that til this pregnancy,started a month ago
jae414
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Mine is just like a dull ache from hip to calf. That's why I was wondering if it could be the sciatic.

Quoting cruelella2to:

Mine didn't really start until 24/26 weeks. It felt like a sharp pain shooting down my hip/leg

Made a heating pad with a tall sock filled it half way with rice(uncooked) and would put it on the hip that was hurting once it started to cool down dh wouldassage the area for 15 mins then do the rice sock again. Only way I can sleep otherwise it hurts touch 38 wks now
jae414
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:44 AM
How far along are you now?

Quoting 5tyli5hLensT:

I hadn't felt that til this pregnancy,started a month ago
jae414
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:45 AM
And thanks, yall, for your replies. :)
sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:24 AM

13wks or so with my son. A constant pain with periodic sharp shooting pains from my hip to buttock on the right side, sometimes causing my leg not to get the message from my brain to move (while walking). With this baby I'm 20wks and I just have the 'constant' pain that comes and goes. But not the other stuff.

sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Oh and with this baby it's my left side.

babyfish0511
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Im 15 wks and have been experiencing it bad in my left buttock and leg. My midwife confirmed my baby is on the left side and laying on nerves. Its been happening since wk 12.
jae414
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Thankfully my leg pain isn't that bad. Glad yours isn't constant. :)

Quoting sugarcrisp:

13wks or so with my son. A constant pain with periodic sharp shooting pains from my hip to buttock on the right side, sometimes causing my leg not to get the message from my brain to move (while walking). With this baby I'm 20wks and I just have the 'constant' pain that comes and goes. But not the other stuff.

jae414
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Eek! Hope baby moves. :)

Quoting babyfish0511:

Im 15 wks and have been experiencing it bad in my left buttock and leg. My midwife confirmed my baby is on the left side and laying on nerves. Its been happening since wk 12.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured