Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pelvic pressure

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  • 12 Replies
I have been having so much pressure. I have been put on bed rest for 4 weeks. I am only 21 weeks 3 days pregnant. I went to the hospital and they said im on bedrest and nothing is wrong. I feel worse than i did on Tuesday . Can it be something else
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaylaybaby666
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Bump
kaylaybaby666
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Anyone
mamav2215
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Why are you on bedrest if if there is nothing wrong? I had horrible pressure also for a few days. I didn't go in but everyone I talked to told me it was normal. When I went to the doctor a few days later he said it's your pelvis moving in preperation for birth, your hips are widening, pelvic floor opening up. I haven't felt it again. It was so bad that I literally felt like I was going to deliver her in the toilet when I'd go pee. 

If my doctor put me on bedrest and told me nothing was wrong... I'd get a second opinion. That's very contradictary. 

kaylaybaby666
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I called my doc and was told to go to the hospital. The hospital said take it easy and rest, put my feet up. Im scared my baby will slip into my birth canal and get cerebral palsy

Quoting mamav2215:

Why are you on bedrest if if there is nothing wrong? I had horrible pressure also for a few days. I didn't go in but everyone I talked to told me it was normal. When I went to the doctor a few days later he said it's your pelvis moving in preperation for birth, your hips are widening, pelvic floor opening up. I haven't felt it again. It was so bad that I literally felt like I was going to deliver her in the toilet when I'd go pee. 

If my doctor put me on bedrest and told me nothing was wrong... I'd get a second opinion. That's very contradictary. 

mamav2215
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:25 PM

they told you to take it easy for 4 weeks? I would schedule an appointment with your ob. if they can't tell you something is wrong then they have no business telling you to lay low for 4 weeks. there is also a difference between being on bed rest for 4 weeks and being told to "take it easy". SO I'd clarify. but if i were you, I'd be scheduling an appointment with an OB, did you see one at the hospital? 

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

I called my doc and was told to go to the hospital. The hospital said take it easy and rest, put my feet up. Im scared my baby will slip into my birth canal and get cerebral palsy

Quoting mamav2215:

kaylaybaby666
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I Seen him the day before i went. The next day, i woke up with pressure and it stayed all day

Quoting mamav2215:

they told you to take it easy for 4 weeks? I would schedule an appointment with your ob. if they can't tell you something is wrong then they have no business telling you to lay low for 4 weeks. there is also a difference between being on bed rest for 4 weeks and being told to "take it easy". SO I'd clarify. but if i were you, I'd be scheduling an appointment with an OB, did you see one at the hospital? 

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting mamav2215:

mamav2215
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Do you still have pressure? If you do... then make an appointment with your doctor. If you're concerned about it and you're doctor can't get you in... see a different OB. 

If you don't have pressure... I'm sure it was just your pelvis opening up. I still would not be okay with the ER doctor putting me on bed rest for 4 weeks (if that's what he said) without telling me that somethign was wrong. That makes no sense.  Like I said, I'm sure you're fine, but if you're still having pressure and you're concerned, go to an OB, seeing your doctor BEFORE the pressure started, then you haven't seen her for it. 

That's really all anyone can tell you. 

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

I Seen him the day before i went. The next day, i woke up with pressure and it stayed all day

Quoting mamav2215:

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting mamav2215:

kaylaybaby666
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM
I still have pressure and there is no obs around here

Quoting mamav2215:

Do you still have pressure? If you do... then make an appointment with your doctor. If you're concerned about it and you're doctor can't get you in... see a different OB. 

If you don't have pressure... I'm sure it was just your pelvis opening up. I still would not be okay with the ER doctor putting me on bed rest for 4 weeks (if that's what he said) without telling me that somethign was wrong. That makes no sense.  Like I said, I'm sure you're fine, but if you're still having pressure and you're concerned, go to an OB, seeing your doctor BEFORE the pressure started, then you haven't seen her for it. 

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting mamav2215:

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting mamav2215:

mamav2215
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Well honey you have a decision to make

1) believe the doctor that nothing is wrong... though I still don't understand why they'd tell you you're on bedrest if you're fine

2) look up your symptoms and see if you find someon with simliar ones and determine if something to worry about

3) get someone/or yourself to drive to an OB. 

4) go back to the hospital. 

If your pressure was like mine, it's really nothing to worry about, but you obviously don't believe it's nothing, so just go do something about it. Even if it winds up to be nothing, you'll have piece of mind. talking back and forth on here is not going to answer that for you though. 

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting mamav2215:

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting mamav2215:

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting mamav2215:

kaylaybaby666
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM
If i knew someone to drive me. I would ask but i dont and i dont have a car

Quoting mamav2215:

Well honey you have a decision to make

1) believe the doctor that nothing is wrong... though I still don't understand why they'd tell you you're on bedrest if you're fine

2) look up your symptoms and see if you find someon with simliar ones and determine if something to worry about

3) get someone/or yourself to drive to an OB. 

4) go back to the hospital. 

If your pressure was like mine, it's really nothing to worry about, but you obviously don't believe it's nothing, so just go do something about it. Even if it winds up to be nothing, you'll have piece of mind. talking back and forth on here is not going to answer that for you though. 

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting mamav2215:

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting mamav2215:

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting mamav2215:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured