Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When with twins??

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 4:46 AM
  • 17 Replies
With twins how early should I be prepared for there arrival I know twins can make surprise entrances, so when do you think I should have nursery done , hospital bags packed, car seats ready to go ect...?( I'm due Dec 22, I'm 20 weeks tomorrow)
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 4:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopeandlove17
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Even not pregnant with twins I had my bag ready at 28 weeks when I got put on bed rest with dd it's always a good idea to have things ready
jojo_star
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Any baby, and any number of babies, can come at any time. My son came with no warning at 36 weeks. I'd say around 32 weeks, that's probably a safe bet. 

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Lol I got my bag and room done a week before I delivered my first and with my second he was early by surprise so my mom got everything done and ready for him while I was in the hospital!
MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Hard to say but I'd probably say around 30-32 weeks. I had my twins around 34 weeks and a lot of my twin friends had their twins between 30-38 weeks.  

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I've never had twins, but here is a bump

Mom2jngnc
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I know my BFF was scheduled for a C-section at 39 weeks, which I think is insane for that hospital to think twins will wait that long. She ended up having them at 37. 

However, I had two that arrived at 36 weeks (3 yrs apart)...... 

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I have friends and others I have know go from 32-40 weeks. Some can go earlier. Just no way to know at all. Just like ones with singletons it ranges.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Prepare ASAP. Twins can come pretty early, the average being 36 weeks. I would pack no later the 30 weeks but you could now even. I have only had singletons but my first had to come at 35 weeks so I'm always ready before then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM
My mom had is at 38w and it was scheduled
NotTheirMom99
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:18 PM

My last twins I was induced at 37w3d.  They probably would have stayed in there forever but my OB wanted to be sure that he was the one on call for their grand entrance.  

I honestly did not pack a bag until the day before.  This time I am having twins again and I think I will pack a bag by 34 weeks.  I am thinking since my last twins were only 20 months ago, the way may be paved for these guys.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN