Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

When with twins??

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 4:46 AM
  • 17 Replies
With twins how early should I be prepared for there arrival I know twins can make surprise entrances, so when do you think I should have nursery done , hospital bags packed, car seats ready to go ect...?( I'm due Dec 22, I'm 20 weeks tomorrow)
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 4:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopeandlove17
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Even not pregnant with twins I had my bag ready at 28 weeks when I got put on bed rest with dd it's always a good idea to have things ready
jojo_star
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Any baby, and any number of babies, can come at any time. My son came with no warning at 36 weeks. I'd say around 32 weeks, that's probably a safe bet. 

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Lol I got my bag and room done a week before I delivered my first and with my second he was early by surprise so my mom got everything done and ready for him while I was in the hospital!
MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Hard to say but I'd probably say around 30-32 weeks. I had my twins around 34 weeks and a lot of my twin friends had their twins between 30-38 weeks.  

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I've never had twins, but here is a bump

Mom2jngnc
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I know my BFF was scheduled for a C-section at 39 weeks, which I think is insane for that hospital to think twins will wait that long. She ended up having them at 37. 

However, I had two that arrived at 36 weeks (3 yrs apart)...... 

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I have friends and others I have know go from 32-40 weeks. Some can go earlier. Just no way to know at all. Just like ones with singletons it ranges.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Prepare ASAP. Twins can come pretty early, the average being 36 weeks. I would pack no later the 30 weeks but you could now even. I have only had singletons but my first had to come at 35 weeks so I'm always ready before then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM
My mom had is at 38w and it was scheduled
NotTheirMom99
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:18 PM

My last twins I was induced at 37w3d.  They probably would have stayed in there forever but my OB wanted to be sure that he was the one on call for their grand entrance.  

I honestly did not pack a bag until the day before.  This time I am having twins again and I think I will pack a bag by 34 weeks.  I am thinking since my last twins were only 20 months ago, the way may be paved for these guys.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)