Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How early did morning sickness start for you?

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:26 AM
  • 33 Replies
5 weeks today and good lord do I feel great....NOT.
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Mine started at 3/4 weeks.
kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:30 AM
I have some extreme nausea right now and it sucks cause I can feel the pain/gas from being constipated. I also can't get comfortable. :(

Quoting jojo_star:

jojo_star
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I've been in the hospital once just because of the vomiting, and I've lost 15 lbs. I have had some constipation, but mostly just god awful nausea and vomiting.

Quoting kbornman21:

I have some extreme nausea right now and it sucks cause I can feel the pain/gas from being constipated. I also can't get comfortable. :(

Quoting jojo_star:

kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:11 AM
I've been crampy off and on, but I also can't get comfortable to save my life... Lol later pregnancy will be fun. How far along are you?

Quoting jojo_star:

I've been in the hospital once just because of the vomiting, and I've lost 15 lbs. I have had some constipation, but mostly just god awful nausea and vomiting.

Quoting kbornman21:

Quoting jojo_star:

jojo_star
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I had some very early cramping, and then some this past Tuesday. I stopped worrying about being comfortable around 6 weeks. I'm 14 weeks today, and in the hospital again. It's going to be a very long pregnancy. 

Quoting kbornman21:

I've been crampy off and on, but I also can't get comfortable to save my life... Lol later pregnancy will be fun. How far along are you?

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting kbornman21:

Quoting jojo_star:

mamav2215
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Mine started around 5 or 6 weeks. I found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks, 4 days. I was SOOO nervous about MC'ing and read that when you have morning sickness you're less likely (not sure if that's just an old wives tale), so i was like begging for morning sickness... I definitely got what I asked for. Mine was pretty much gone by 12 weeks though. 

mamav2215
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I promise it just gets worse.... the comfort... the morning sickness t ypically eases up. I'm 28 weeks and I have to sleep sitting up because I have acid reflux so damn bad, regardless of what I eat/drink/do. Then that KILLS my low back, but sleeping on my side, kills my low back too. Last night I had shooting pains in my legs, my belly is pushing into my ribs (i'm very short torso'd so my belly looks HUGE cause it can only go out), and my pubic bone seperates too much when I try to get up (move my legs apart) so that feels fantastic. I hear it's all worth it though :) 

Quoting kbornman21:

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting kbornman21:

Quoting jojo_star:

kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Mine is just some SERIOUS nausea, no vomiting yet (knock on wood) looks like ill have to send my boyfriend out to get me some preggy pops or whatever my mom was talking about earlier, lol. :)

Quoting mamav2215:

Mine started around 5 or 6 weeks. I found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks, 4 days. I was SOOO nervous about MC'ing and read that when you have morning sickness you're less likely (not sure if that's just an old wives tale), so i was like begging for morning sickness... I definitely got what I asked for. Mine was pretty much gone by 12 weeks though. 

kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:31 AM
I've had two miscarriages prior to this pregnancy. So I am just trying to enjoy every bit of this pregnancy as I can. Morning sickness, full bladder and all.

Quoting mamav2215:

I promise it just gets worse.... the comfort... the morning sickness t ypically eases up. I'm 28 weeks and I have to sleep sitting up because I have acid reflux so damn bad, regardless of what I eat/drink/do. Then that KILLS my low back, but sleeping on my side, kills my low back too. Last night I had shooting pains in my legs, my belly is pushing into my ribs (i'm very short torso'd so my belly looks HUGE cause it can only go out), and my pubic bone seperates too much when I try to get up (move my legs apart) so that feels fantastic. I hear it's all worth it though :) 

Quoting kbornman21:

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting kbornman21:

Quoting jojo_star:

mamav2215
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:37 AM

That's exactly what mine was like. I only threw up some saliva a few times and then i think i like violenty threw up 2 or 3 meals. I almost feel like the nausea no vomiting is worse... when you puke you feel better for a while. Hang in there... and t he preggy pops... i didn't like them. The taste was really awful to me; but I have a lot of friends who loved them. Try ginger, ginger ale helps, but you can also put ginger in a smoothie.  Ice cream helped me too. It would coat my stomach. Also do NOT get out of bed before eating something. Keep crackers or something that works for you right next to the bed and eat a few before you get out of bed; this seriously helps so much. Do not let yourself get very hungry. Keeping a little bit of food in your stomach will help immensely. Good luck! 

Quoting kbornman21:

Mine is just some SERIOUS nausea, no vomiting yet (knock on wood) looks like ill have to send my boyfriend out to get me some preggy pops or whatever my mom was talking about earlier, lol. :)

Quoting mamav2215:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)