Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Always losing weight.

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:33 AM
  • 18 Replies
Is anyone having this issue!? I don't know why weight gain is such a struggle pregnant or not. It just sucks when you are pregnant and trying to gain weight for the baby. It happens even when I'm not vomiting. My midwife thinks its just a hormonal thing, so that may be it.
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I've lost 15 lbs so far, and I wasn't even close to overweight pre-pregnancy. Its starting to concern my dr.
disneygirl85
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:28 AM
I'm 27 weeks and lost 6 pounds. My dr told me I had to eat more, so I'm trying to monitor my weight now. I was a bit overweight pre-pregnancy.
rjmac88
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Why are you trying to gain weight? Just make sure you are eating and exercising and who cares which way the scale goes
kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I've lost 6lbs and I'm 5 weeks. I have weight to lose though but I heard its common to lose weight in the first trimester.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:16 PM

All mine I lost weight the first trimester and never threw up. Heck my first I didn't even feel sick. I lost 5lbs, 6lbs and 15 lbs(only gained one lb over my pregnancy weight. Since I gained the 15 back I lost.) Was never a concern at all.

awilliamson
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I'm 28 weeks, down 8 lbs, and somehow baby is measuring big! Baby can still be healthy in there!
mrs.ramirez
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I'm 2 lbs over my starting weight and I'm 34 weeks. It took all this time to gain it back. As long as baby is healthy, it's no big deal.

3kidz123
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I've gained a TON! I don't eat that much and I don't have cellulite or anything, my belly isn't even overly big. I just seem to be putting on pounds...all that matters is your healthy and the baby is healthy!

My baby is where it should be and I'm healthy so I figure If I have a few extra pounds to loose after birth who cares. I'm sure the same is true with weight loss (as long as baby and you have what you need).

Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I lost a total of 40 lbs my last pregnancy. I had a horrible appetite. I had aversions to everything and just couldn't eat. I had to force myself to eat everyday. it was hard. but I was overweight to begin with so it was no big deal for me to lose weight.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Gaining weight isn't an issue not pregnant for me LOL but pregnant it always has been. Lost 50 lbs with #1, 30 lbs with #2, and 22 lbs with #3. I have lost I think like 2 lbs thus far this time, so much better ( I had gained and was sooooo scared ) I must admit I like losing weight while pregnant, but I have enough weight on me losing is no big deal! With my last my Doula suggested protein drinks. I never tried it, but it will give you extra calories!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)