Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When to test

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:12 AM
  • 6 Replies
Ok normally I would know just test on the day of my missed period but I dont have that back. So dh and I went unprotected a week ago. Though I know its not fullproof I wasn't to worried because I don't have my period since i'm nursing. Well here we are a week later and I wake up with sore breats and last night I got heartburn and I usually only get it when I'm preggo. Could I even have symptoms yet? When would I test?
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM
It is possible! I got a positive test 8dpo
jojo_star
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:49 AM

It is very unlikely that you have symptoms already, but you may. You can test, but the best bet if you haven't gotten your period back yet is to test about two weeks after intercourse, since that would put you roughly 14 DPO, if you did indeed ovulate then and get pregnant. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I would wait at least another week prior to testing...maybe another week and half esp since conception doesn't exactly happen always on the day the deed is done.  And, then symptoms usually don't start occuring until after implantation happens which is some days after conception (I think 3-5 or so). 

Good luck!

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Thank you!

Quoting meam4444:

I would wait at least another week prior to testing...maybe another week and half esp since conception doesn't exactly happen always on the day the deed is done.  And, then symptoms usually don't start occuring until after implantation happens which is some days after conception (I think 3-5 or so). 

Good luck!

LgraceMe
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Is there any harm in testing now & again later if negative?

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:12 AM
No harm, I would just rather wait till I know i would get the most accurate result.
Quoting LgraceMe:

Is there any harm in testing now & again later if negative?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured