Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If there was ONE common practice in pregnancy/newborn care that you could ban what would it be?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • 55 Replies

I know some of the more popular things will be circumcision, vaccines and bottle feeding, but what about other things?

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Allie_kat1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Circumcision, no question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM

See, I knew people were going to say that but what about so many other things out there that people don't agree about.

Quoting Allie_kat1:

Randi02
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM

This...

Although ear piercing, and elective formula feeding are right there too!

Quoting Allie_kat1:

AutymsMommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:47 PM
12 moms liked this

Nothing. I'm a breastfeeder and I think CIO is disgusting and cruel.

But...

I would never want to ban anything. It isn't my place. I enjoy my own freedoms enough to recognize that keeping them means defending the rights of others, regardless of whether or not I agree with them personally. I find it abhorrent that anyone has the arrogance and feels so secure that their own beliefs must be widely recognized as the best, that they want to ban others from having the right to do things differently...

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Babes2626
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I couldn't agree with you more!! 

Quoting AutymsMommy:

But...

I would never want to ban anything. It isn't my place. I enjoy my own freedoms enough to recognize that keeping them means defending the rights of others, regardless of whether or not I agree with them personally. I find it abhorrent that anyone has the arrogance and feels so secure that their own beliefs must be widely recognized as the best, that they want to ban others from having the right to do things differently...

mem82
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I agree but just in a make believe world... LOL

I just noticed you changed your tag line. Did that just happen or have just not noticed? 8)

Quoting AutymsMommy:

But...

AutymsMommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I didn't change it. Uh oh. I should go check that, lol.

But seriously, even in a make believe world, I wouldn't WANT to BAN anything.

ETA: just checked my siggy... it's the same as it has been for months. Are you thinking of the one I had like a year ago maybe?

Quoting mem82:

I just noticed you changed your tag line. Did that just happen or have just not noticed? 8)

Quoting AutymsMommy:

But...

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

mem82
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I must be. It didn't have the part at the very end...at least I don't think it did. I'm on cold meds, too. That could be it.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

ETA: just checked my siggy... it's the same as it has been for months. Are you thinking of the one I had like a year ago maybe?

Quoting mem82:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

But...

BeccaJoy622
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM
3 moms liked this
I couldn't breast feed. I tried and tried, but my milk never came in :( keep that in mind when bashing bottle feeding moms!

As far as banning anything? Nah, not really.
AutymsMommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Oh, you're thinking of an older signature.

And you're drugged. Lol.

Quoting mem82:

I must be. It didn't have the part at the very end...at least I don't think it did. I'm on cold meds, too. That could be it.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting mem82:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

But...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)