Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone find out babies gender at 16 weeks?

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 8:44 AM
  • 39 Replies
I'm thinking of doing a gender ultrasound there is a place that does them electively and for the 2/d gender determination it's about $70. I'm so impatient this pregnancy and want to know gender so bad lol.

Just wondering if anyone else had found around 16 weeks were they able to tell pretty easily? A couple of people have told me that 16 weeks sounded kinda early to find out but there site said they do them at 16 wks. A place a bit further said 14 weeks but its a 2 hr drive
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mfk3
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 8:48 AM
No with my first i found out at 22 weeks. With this one its around the same time :/

I would love to know though! Im 16 weeks too!!!
Rockabella
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I'm only 11 weeks but the place I want to go to is super busy and you have to schedule 3 weeks in advance so I'm trying to make a decision by 13 weeks about it.

I'm so excited to find out gender I really want a girl !

Quoting mfk3:

No with my first i found out at 22 weeks. With this one its around the same time :/

I would love to know though! Im 16 weeks too!!!

babyfish0511
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM
We have an appt this Saturday to see the baby in 3d/4d. And they will be determining the gender. Ill be 16 wks 1 day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baby7810
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:40 AM
I personally would wait till at least 18 weeks but that's me
pregnantmama105
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:42 AM
with ds i found out atb18 weeks. this one I hope to find out 20wks
KaylinC03
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I found out at 16 weeks with my son at a place like you're describing that did 2D and 3D elective ultrasounds because I was going to be out of town over my 18 week and 20 week ultrasound at my doctors office. The ultrasound tech at the place I went had no trouble determining the gender at 16 weeks. 

With this pregnancy, we're finding out on August 21st and I'll be about 19 weeks. :)

Hafsa1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I found out at a little less than 16 weeks. It was quite obvious that he was a boy that the techs had me call out the gender lol. There was a girl in training at the time, and at first she said it was a girl but the teacher said to go down further and there it was.
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Mobile Photo

I kmow its not 16 weeks but i found out with this one at 17 weeks. They said with out a doubt shes a girl.
cruelella2to
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:08 AM

i went to a place like your talking drink a TON of water the day before and prior to the placenta will be easier to see through. i drank 8 16oz bottles of water the day before and got 4/5 in before my 10am apt. They started it and BAM he was showing his junk off. doc hadn't done an ultra sound and thought i was at at almost 20wks turns out i was barely 16. my doc doesn't do u/s....which i find strange but whatever.

MommyRJ
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:12 AM
I found out with baby 2 at 17.5
I wouldn't trust 16, but you'd have it confirmed by your 20week scan anyways
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN