Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Never been in labor before, personal question??

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 60 Replies

Hi everyone :)

This is my first pregnancy but I have a few reservations and questions about what to expect. One thats really been bothering me is during labor. Im sorry if this is personal or stupid to ask, but as my belly gets bigger, I can imagine it will get more and more difficult to tend to my 'neatness' in the downstairs area. I dont want to go into labor and have a jungle down there if that makes sense!! Is it normal in pregnancy to leave it? Or are there ways around keeping it tidy? haha

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rjmac88
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this
It's pretty normal for women to just give up. Or you can do it by feel instead of sight... Have someone help you. I promise our dr and nurses have seen it ALL. And there is NOTHING that's going to even phase them
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I can tell you no ob/family doc/midwife is going to care if you look like a cave woman lol. You can always do the feel and pray... Feel around and pray you don't shave off anything important lol(that's what I do.. Or more like trimming). And there's always waxing and chemical lotions to remove the hair. But remember your skin is more sensitive and there's more blood flow down there so it may hurt worse than normal or irritate your skin more.
CelestialSong
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I use an electric shaver, and I've never had a problem with that while pregnant and unable to see.

amberleh
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I'm 38+3 today, and I keep it nice and clean down there. I just shave by feel and do it very very carefully, lol! Some women let it go natural, some women don't. It is a matter of personal comfort really. I don't like letting it go because I get itchy when it starts growing back, so I keep it shaved.

TattooedMom104
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol I would stand in front of a mirror and shave. It was very hard and uncomfortable but I couldnt stand the jungle look.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I never did anything when I was big. I never thought about it or cared. I keep it clean and not going to worry about trying to keep it trimmed up.

MalloryR
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I am 34 weeks and so far, I can still shave by feel. If you can't though, they understand.
mommyziegler
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM

i never had a problem shaving down there....my husband even helped me do it the day before i delivered

Yurixsi
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:10 PM
This reminded me of something I read on hear. Someone I beleave it was a l/d nurse said that they had one pacient who had it breaided and beads on it.. I used removal cream on mine. I do not think they will care anyway.
Larsbug
by Laura on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I can guarantee you that the doctor has seen worse... just leave it. They aren't going to be concerned about how much hair you have, they are going to be concerned about getting the baby out. That's it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN