Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What happens at 14/15 wk appointments?

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have a doc appointment today and not scheduled for an us, we get to meet my OB finally:) but what to they do in just a checkup? do we at least get to hear a hb?

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Usually just listen to the heart beat with the Doppler and answer any questions you may have
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:02 PM

With my first appt the doc just asked a bunch of questions mainly family history so make sure to ask and find out about all health problems on both sides of family. And we also got to hear the Heartbeat. Also did the Pee in a cup, weight, height and blood pressure. I would have had a first visit u/s but I had already had one at 7 weeks at the er. So I want get u/s until anatomy scan which is on Aug. 22 I will be 19 weeks and find out what we are having. Every doctor is different. So if you havent had one yet they might do a quick look.

CafeMom Tickers
rjmac88
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Mine was with a midwife... So we went over past pregnancies. My worries, thoughts, feelings about them. We tried to get a hb but couldnt.
kelly617
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Most of the appointments are
Pee in a cup
weight check
BP check
Then doc comes in and says everything looks good..."any questions?" then they pull out the doppler and let you listen to the hb
"Okay hb sounds good see you in a month"

At least thats how mine usually go

Faith101412
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Usuallt they listen to babies heartbeat and answer questions, possibly schedule the gender appointment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)