Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

best remedies for morning sickness

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  • 37 Replies

(natural or meds recommendations). The second time around I want to be PREPARED. Threw up for 7 months last time and horrible nausea which was much worse than the throwing up.

by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kamaira
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM

mint worked for me...i put mint leaves in my drinks, kept peppermints chewed the gum it relaxed me

steffiecox
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Vitamin B6 worked wonders for me
sprinkles9112
by Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I take 1/2 a Zofran every morning. I also have Preggie Pop Drops. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
cecilyloring
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM

where does one get preggie pop drops. I've heard of them before, but never saw them in the store.

Quoting sprinkles9112:

sprinkles9112
by Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I got mine at Destination Maternity. However you can get them on Amazon as well, I believe. 

They're basically sour ginger candies. They taste pretty good :) I will say- they're best for slight nausea/preventing nausea. If you're feeling like you're about to do a face dive into the toilet, skip them. They won't help LOL 

But I got them while I was on vacation in Portland, OR and they helped on the 4 hour plane ride home :) 

Quoting cecilyloring:

where does one get preggie pop drops. I've heard of them before, but never saw them in the store.

Quoting sprinkles9112:

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Babies R Us and Motherhood Maternity have Preggie Pop Drops. I love 'em.

DesertDuck
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Making sure I stay very hydrated helped a lot this time. Zofran has worked well for me, too, although it didn't completely stop the nausea.

katielovesyou21
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 2:41 PM

noting natural helped me i had to take zofran and phenegan and at one point i was hospitalized. if it gets bad dont be afraid to get help from the doctor

cecilyloring
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 4:03 PM

A big part of the problem is that I'm allergic to many of the common anti-nausea drugs (anything remotely related to a sleeping pill I can't take). So yeah last time I took nothing, but that didn't work out so great either. :(

Quoting katielovesyou21:

noting natural helped me i had to take zofran and phenegan and at one point i was hospitalized. if it gets bad dont be afraid to get help from the doctor

MamaPanda16
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I took Vitamin B6 and half a Unisom 3 times a day and also wore Sea Bands 24/7 from about 5 or 6 weeks till 16 weeks.  I still take Vitamin B6 and half a Unisom but only 2 times a day because I still get nauseous and I am 19 and a half weeks pregnant.  I have other stomach issues to so that might be why I am still nauseous.  Drinking water and peppermint tea helped me, too.  Gingerale and ginger snaps helped with DS pregnancy but they give me heartburn with this one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)