Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do you wear maternity clothes?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM
  • 44 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you wear maternity clothes?

Options:

Yes, all the time

Sometimes

No

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 85

View Results

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Most of the time yes, but I do still have a few shirts that aren't maternity that I can wear. Plus I do that hair elastic trick with some of my pants sometimes. I'm now 31 weeks.

valrubio
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I try not too. At some point I have to give in and wear maternity jeans but usually I can get away with wearing regular shirts as long as they are looser and longer.

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I'm probably one of the weirdos that likes maternity clothes. Somehow, they make me feel "more pregnant," which I know is ridiculous, but... oh well :) I'm only 21 weeks, but only barely showing in tight clothes. I wear maternity pants, and sometimes regular shirts and sometimes maternity shirts.

MomTo3NMW
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I have one pair of maternity shorts. The rest of the stuff, I got walmart leggings and big shirts. I'm not wasting money on maternity stuff.

5tyli5hLensT
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM
I started to last week so comfy lol
MissGore
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:39 AM

i was in my 'fat' jeans with a hair tie around the button when i went into the hospital. i don't wear nursing bras or tops either. too much work, and way too expensive.

pregnantmama105
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I have 2 pairs of maternity jeans and on dress... I wear my jeans a lot
LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I wear maternity tops because they're more more comfy to me but since it's summer, I can get away with wearing shorts that aren't maternity.
I like the shorts I got from Old Navy....they're tie waist band, so they fit perfectly.
I know that come late September, I'm gonna have to buy some maternity jeans but until then.....
LilliesValley
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Sometimes. The closer to the end I get the more they are a necessity. A few pants still fit and some of my tops though. I'm at home on bed rest too so the only time I really "need" to get dressed is for when I drive to dd bus stop to get her (obviously I can't walk and it's half a mile away and she's 6) other than that some comfy pj pants and a tank top. I ordered 4 new sleep outfits, 2 with pants and nursing tops and a robe for each and 2 nightgowns with robes, also for nursing. Other than that I only have a few tops and a pair of jeans and a pair of jean shorts. My friend did go to a garage sale and picked up some clothes for me but I haven't had an occasion to need to wear them so they sit in my drawer. She did get me a whole bunch of maternity tanks that I use daily.

lesalmi
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:37 PM
dont like the way they fit. I just buy the next size up when i need them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN