Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reduced fetal movement?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am used to an active booger who moves constantly but the last few days baby isnt very active. I still feel movement but its much less. Anyone have their mover slow down near the end. I never have been preggo with such an active child, and none of my kiddos calmed down farther into pregnancy. So this is kinda new to me. I am 33 wks!

by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.ramirez
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I've had less movements too :/ I'm 36 weeks. Idk. 

villagemamma
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I am almost 35 weeks and definitely notice my little guy being less active. i talked to my dr about it and she said it was because hes getting crowded in there and because apparently they sleep more often towards the end because of the massive amount of growth going on the last few weeks. As long as you can still get baby to move i wouldnt be to worried.

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Thanks Ladies :)

kelly617
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Not yet....but I have too much fluid so he hasn't ever run out of room. I'm guessin your lil one is probably startin to get a litle cramped so he doesn't have room to do gymnastics anymore
My kid has a whole freakin POOL to act like a lunatic in....so he's still going ape crap in there....really uncomfortable actually

WishingAway
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:50 AM

This is my first so I am not as experienced as all of you.. but he got a lot less active around 32-35 weeks and now hes pretty much non stop at 37 lol. So I think it might just be a little slow at times then pick up again :-)

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM
My dd was not really active the whole pregnancy and it shows in her personality now at 5yrs old.. She is my very calm child! My ds was active as can be and moved nonstop til the day I delivered and it shows with his personality now at 3 lol
avulgamo
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I had decreased movement at 35 weeks with my last, did kick counts and got 6 very faint movements in an hour. On call Dr told me to get checked out, turns out heart rate was in the 50's and had to be born by emergency c section. Lay on your left side, drink plenty of water, and pay attention to baby's movements. For me, it was a dramatic and sudden change in activity within 24 hours. Listen to your instincts. Baby may just be running out of space!
BeccaJoy622
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM
This. My doctor told me the same thing. He's got plenty of amniotic fluid and is still moving in general, so he's fine! I'm almost 31 weeks.

Quoting villagemamma:

I am almost 35 weeks and definitely notice my little guy being less active. i talked to my dr about it and she said it was because hes getting crowded in there and because apparently they sleep more often towards the end because of the massive amount of growth going on the last few weeks. As long as you can still get baby to move i wouldnt be to worried.

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Thanks ladies, this morning baby has been much more active (more like his/her normal) so I will just keep an eye on it!! It was alarming only because this baby doesn't stop from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep, and occasionally during the night (when I get woke up with a kick LOL) So for this child to be quiet at all during the day, I was shocked...and thinking is everything ok in there LOL. I did listen to baby on the monitor and heartrate was good. So just gonna pay attention and see how it goes!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Eh, mine is usually all over the place. She's been much calmer the last few days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured