Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I feel like I just know its a boy :(

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM
  • 5 Replies
I have a daughter from a previous marriage I love having a girl it's been such a great experience. My second child passed away, he was a boy and I was very upset to lose him and because I lost a boy I didn't really want to have another one. If that makes any sense. My third baby I was hoping girl thought boy would hurt too bad and knew my daughter wanted a sister badly and so did my husband, but baby was a boy.

I know have a living son and daughter. I love my son and am not disappointed now that he's here but I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly disappointed when I found out.

Now that I'm having baby number four I want another daughter so bad. Having a Son has been a great experience but its also a lot different than having a daughter. I want a healthy baby most of all and will obviously still adore baby if its a boy but I feel like ill be morning the loss of a girl in my head and that my daughter will be disappointed a third time to not have a baby's sister and my husband to not have a daughter of his own.

I just feel in my gut it's a boy. I almost don't want to find out at all but I think it'll just make me even more anxious than I already am about it and I need that time to adjust to the idea of baby being boy.

I have about 3 weeks til my elective ultrasound. I'm trying to think pink but not getting hopes up too high. Am I crazy to feel this way. I feel so alone
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jlee38340
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM
This is my 5th pregmancy 4th baby. i just knew this baby was a boy! Putting us with 2girls 2boys. 16week ultrasound (due to bleeding) the tech said she guessed girl and counted off three lines. while it begin to sink in we were having another girl, i lived in denial for 3 weeks until our 19 week ultrasound. she is def a girl and excitement has.kicked in but i was disappointed and shocked at first! Gut instincts arent always right. hold off on the what ifs and dont question it. ;) im hoping you get your beautiful little girl!!! Pink dust
Rockabella
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Thank you. My gut instinct has been wrong 2/3 times so far my last two I thought were girls and they were boys.

I think I'm so worried ill be disappointed if its a boy that my brain is setting me up to think its one so I won't be too let down if they say boy and ill be pleasantly surprised if they say girl.

I keep analyzing nub theory skull theory old wives tales and each time it's making me think boy though

Quoting jlee38340:

This is my 5th pregmancy 4th baby. i just knew this baby was a boy! Putting us with 2girls 2boys. 16week ultrasound (due to bleeding) the tech said she guessed girl and counted off three lines. while it begin to sink in we were having another girl, i lived in denial for 3 weeks until our 19 week ultrasound. she is def a girl and excitement has.kicked in but i was disappointed and shocked at first! Gut instincts arent always right. hold off on the what ifs and dont question it. ;) im hoping you get your beautiful little girl!!! Pink dust

jlee38340
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Yeah i am so guilty there to. i even pulled out all kids ultrasounds to compair them. lol the not knowing gets to me everytime. you seem like a great mom and i know youll love baby weather girl or boy! Make it fun! Come up with an announcement you and dd can do together after ultrasound. maybe that will help some. nothing is gonna settle your mind though until you hear its a girl! ;)

Quoting Rockabella:

Thank you. My gut instinct has been wrong 2/3 times so far my last two I thought were girls and they were boys.

I think I'm so worried ill be disappointed if its a boy that my brain is setting me up to think its one so I won't be too let down if they say boy and ill be pleasantly surprised if they say girl.

I keep analyzing nub theory skull theory old wives tales and each time it's making me think boy though

Quoting jlee38340:

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I felt like that with my last pregnancy. I also just wanted a healthy baby but was hoping it was a girl. I just KNEW we would have a boy and we did. I friggin' love this little boy SO much and I can't even imagine if he had been a girl. He is my whole world and his big brother and sister love him. I love having him.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I never felt disappointment per say. I mean I have been super excited with each of mine. But I was scared to DEATH to have a girl!! I have a friend whos daughter is sassy and rude, and another friend who talked about how her daughter looks at herself in the mirror at 5 yrs old and says "Do I look fat in this" I am NOT a girlie girl, I like hanging out with my boys. So the thought of a girl just really freaked me out. What in the world am I gonna do with a girl ESPECIALLY if she is a girlie girl. WELLLLL God has a huge sense of humor. NOT ONLY did he give us a girl, but he made her the most girlie girl I have ever meant. She loves her nails and toes painted, and wants to spin around in her pretty dresses, and she loves her shoes, and clothes, and she wants her hair done pretty. She also has the most personality I have ever seen in a child so small, and she can be dramatic, etc. BUT she has brought so much into our family, and she has softened me into being a little more femanine then I was before!! I absolutely adore her and am so thankful for God blessing her with us!! NOW fast forward to this baby...and ultimately I have left it up to God. Lord knows best what will fit our family, and what makes the most since. That being said, Hubby and I BOTH are praying/saying its a boy!! We are however the ONLY ones who believe its a boy LOL. EVERYONE else says girl!! In my Husband's case he wants 5 kids opposite of his mom and Dad. They had 5, 2 girls, 1 boy, and 2 more girls. So he wants 2 boys, 1 girl, and 2 more boys. I think he also wants Laylah to be the spoiled little princess in a house full of protective boys!! And I think maybe deep down inside he wonders how he could possibly adore another girl as much as he does her (she is the stereo typical Daddy's little princess) I want a boy because I although I love everything Laylah has brought to our family, I also worry about her attitude. And I swear she already PMSs once a month. And I worry if I can handle two girls who do that LOL. I have always been one to avoid women and hang with the guys, and a house full of women scares me LOL! On the other hand I do ADORE shopping for girls clothes, so I wouldn't be TOO disappointed if it was a girl HAHA!! Ultimately I know it will work out the way it should, and I am open to whatever that is! And I am so super excited to find out!!!!! I am 33 wks 1 day and we aren't finding out the gender :)

Anyway good Luck hun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)