Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

No induction for me..

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM
  • 95 Replies
7 moms liked this
Im 40 weeks 3 days today and i refuse to be induced..yes im miserable and sick beyond belief but why force him out? I see so many women getting induced (not for medical reasons) but because they dont want to wait a few days over their due dates. Be patient! Baby will come. Our bodies are made for this!!!

Vent over :)
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MizMellyMac
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:05 PM

my thoughts exactly after being scared into one with my first... Not worth it.

mama2gg
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
woot get it girl! I wish I wasn't duo uneducated with my first I would have NEVER induced and wouldn't have ended in a c-section and a repeat for my next due to complications so sad
mileysmom331
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:07 PM

just be sure not to go over 42 weeks, thats when i would get real antsy, i was induced with DD at 39 weeks due to medical reasons and have a slight feeling ill be induced again with DS :/

Mrs.Gibson23
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Yea i was young and dumb and was induced with my first a week before my due date.ive went into labor on my own with my other kids and choose that over forced labor any day!!!

Quoting MizMellyMac:

my thoughts exactly after being scared into one with my first... Not worth it.

tammy_lynne
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I was exactly 42 weeks when my son decided to come... That being said, I hope baby girl doesn't stay in there that long over her due date. 

Mrs.Gibson23
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Im sorry that happened!!! Another reason to not get induced! I see so many ladies impatient saying they dont want to be induced but their going to have to in 2 days or 3 days and their only 40 weeks!! They dont have to the doc offered it and they accepted. Doc said i can hebe induced at any time i told him no thanks lol :) no point in forcing your body

Quoting mama2gg:

woot get it girl! I wish I wasn't duo uneducated with my first I would have NEVER induced and wouldn't have ended in a c-section and a repeat for my next due to complications so sad

Mrs.Gibson23
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
As lng as my doc says everything is fine with the baby i will wait until he comes. Im already dilated and effaced so its not like hes going to be in there forever.

Quoting mileysmom331:

just be sure not to go over 42 weeks, thats when i would get real antsy, i was induced with DD at 39 weeks due to medical reasons and have a slight feeling ill be induced again with DS :/

mileysmom331
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:18 PM

i may sound stupid but ive always heard it gets dangerous after 42 weeks cause ur placenta starts to stop working, but dear lord id hope he isnt in there forever XD

Quoting Mrs.Gibson23:

As lng as my doc says everything is fine with the baby i will wait until he comes. Im already dilated and effaced so its not like hes going to be in there forever.

Quoting mileysmom331:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Mrs.Gibson23
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Lol i het that was fun! How was labor at 42 weeks? Did it go smoothly? And im hoping my little man doesnt decide to stay in until then either hahaha

Quoting tammy_lynne:

I was exactly 42 weeks when my son decided to come... That being said, I hope baby girl doesn't stay in there that long over her due date. 

Mrs.Gibson23
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Yea but they can also be off on your due date by 2 weeks so me being 40 weeks now i could only be 38. But i doubt he will stay in that long. The longest i went overdue was 6 days.so i guess we will see

Quoting mileysmom331:

i may sound stupid but ive always heard it gets dangerous after 42 weeks cause ur placenta starts to stop working, but dear lord id hope he isnt in there forever XD

Quoting Mrs.Gibson23:

Quoting mileysmom331:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN