Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Scared To Get Pregnant

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

My fiance and I are getting married in three months and though we do not currently have children we may want them in the future. My issue is that I am scared of pregnancy.

I have PVCs where my heart feels like it is skipping a beat. This is very normal. Some people feel them and some people don't. I happen to feel them every time they happen and some are worse than others. I fear getting pregnant will worsen it.

My doctors says i have nothing to worry about, but my body is very sensitive. I take beta blockers which helps me to not feel them as much, but they are not safe when you are planning to become pregnant. I have this fear my heart will just give up in the middle of the pregnancy or labor. I have this fear because a friend of mine died when his heart just stopped at a bar and ever since I have anxiety about it.

Has anyone has any heart issues when they were pregnant?

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetpeasmom200
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I get PAC's and pretty much everyday but since I have been pregnant they have been way less!  I am surprised about that!  Also your doctor may send you to a cardiac doc early in pregnancy and possibly through pregnancy just ot make sure everything is ok.  You will probably be high risk and although that sounds scary it usually means being more careful and they will watch you closer, it also means more ultrasounds and thats the fun part!  I have been high risk with my last pregnancy and I am this pregnancy as well!  I am 8  weeks almost 9 and I have had 3 ultrasounds already!  It is great to see the baby growing every week.  I would really think it over and talk to whatever OBGYN you are going to be using and put a plan in action for when you do become pregnant so you know whats going to happen.  Good Luck!

Mommytoaangel
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I have them i have 3 angels above
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuckyLady0427
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Yikes!! High risk for PVCs? That DOES sound scary :/ .... It's good to hear yours have been less. I have read that with the increase in blood, people who have never had them, get them. I think i cause a good amount of them myself because when i think about them they happn more frequently. When im excited or wrorking out they don't happen much. I just wish they would go away because I'm viewing pregnancy as a death sentence right now :/

Quoting sweetpeasmom200:

I get PAC's and pretty much everyday but since I have been pregnant they have been way less!  I am surprised about that!  Also your doctor may send you to a cardiac doc early in pregnancy and possibly through pregnancy just ot make sure everything is ok.  You will probably be high risk and although that sounds scary it usually means being more careful and they will watch you closer, it also means more ultrasounds and thats the fun part!  I have been high risk with my last pregnancy and I am this pregnancy as well!  I am 8  weeks almost 9 and I have had 3 ultrasounds already!  It is great to see the baby growing every week.  I would really think it over and talk to whatever OBGYN you are going to be using and put a plan in action for when you do become pregnant so you know whats going to happen.  Good Luck!

LuckyLady0427
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Oh my, I am so sorry! That is due to the PVCs? I'm sorry if i misunderstood

Quoting Mommytoaangel:

I have them i have 3 angels above

mommyziegler
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM
I had developed heart problems due to pregnancy when I was pregnant with my ds and I was seeing a cardiologist and had to wear a halter monitor.. They took him early because of that
LuckyLady0427
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM

That's also what I'm scared of. I have worn halters more times than i care to count, and everything was always fine. They said they are surprised i even feel them because it's nothing out of the ordinary. But sometimes i feel them so hard it's like someone punched me in my chest and then my adrenaline rushes...i just don't want to get pregnant and gave this occurrences hurt the baby. was your baby OK if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting mommyziegler:

I had developed heart problems due to pregnancy when I was pregnant with my ds and I was seeing a cardiologist and had to wear a halter monitor.. They took him early because of that

mommyziegler
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I know what you mean.. I was nonstop at the cardiologist having echos done and tests but the results of my last halter is what made them take him.. I was 37 weeks exactly and he was completely healthy and fine and went home with me when I did

Quoting LuckyLady0427: That's also what I'm scared of. I have worn halters more times than i care to count, and everything was always fine. They said they are surprised i even feel them because it's nothing out of the ordinary. But sometimes i feel them so hard it's like someone punched me in my chest and then my adrenaline rushes...i just don't want to get pregnant and gave this occurrences hurt the baby. was your baby OK if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting mommyziegler:I had developed heart problems due to pregnancy when I was pregnant with my ds and I was seeing a cardiologist and had to wear a halter monitor.. They took him early because of that

LuckyLady0427
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Has your heart corrected itself since giving birth? Because my issue is pre existing i just don't want to get pregnant if im going to hurt myself or the baby.

Quoting mommyziegler:

I know what you mean.. I was nonstop at the cardiologist having echos done and tests but the results of my last halter is what made them take him.. I was 37 weeks exactly and he was completely healthy and fine and went home with me when I did

Quoting LuckyLady0427: That's also what I'm scared of. I have worn halters more times than i care to count, and everything was always fine. They said they are surprised i even feel them because it's nothing out of the ordinary. But sometimes i feel them so hard it's like someone punched me in my chest and then my adrenaline rushes...i just don't want to get pregnant and gave this occurrences hurt the baby. was your baby OK if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting mommyziegler:I had developed heart problems due to pregnancy when I was pregnant with my ds and I was seeing a cardiologist and had to wear a halter monitor.. They took him early because of that

mommyziegler
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Yeah everything is completely fine now.. I'm 12 weeks pregnant with my third and so far just waaay lower blood pressure then normal but pulse is good.. So I just gotta wait and see if it happens again.. I would consult with your cardiologist before wanting to get pregnant and get their opinion on you and pregnancy.. Everyone is different and me personally as long as you stay fit and healthy during pregnancy. Just keep up with your daily routine and everything and also keep seeing your cardiologist and Ob I think you can have a very successful pregnancy!

Quoting LuckyLady0427:

Has your heart corrected itself since giving birth? Because my issue is pre existing i just don't want to get pregnant if im going to hurt myself or the baby.

Quoting mommyziegler:

LuckyLady0427
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Thank you so much for your advice!! I have been working out, juicing organic veggies, eating a clean diet, and doing the best i can to reduce stress just in case it happens on our honeymoon ;)

You have eased my mind. Thank you so much!! Congrats on your pregnancy!! :D

Quoting mommyziegler:

Yeah everything is completely fine now.. I'm 12 weeks pregnant with my third and so far just waaay lower blood pressure then normal but pulse is good.. So I just gotta wait and see if it happens again.. I would consult with your cardiologist before wanting to get pregnant and get their opinion on you and pregnancy.. Everyone is different and me personally as long as you stay fit and healthy during pregnancy. Just keep up with your daily routine and everything and also keep seeing your cardiologist and Ob I think you can have a very successful pregnancy!

Quoting LuckyLady0427:

Quoting mommyziegler:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN