Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

birth plan

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:40 PM
  • 19 Replies
First time mom. Do you have a birth plan?
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I never did. Are you thinking about writing one or are you just trying to decide whether you want  one or not?

keikoness
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I'm trying to decide whether I want to write one.

Quoting mem82:

I never did. Are you thinking about writing one or are you just trying to decide whether you want  one or not?

mem82
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Well, do you have any requests that might be considered different? Usually birth plans are wrote out if you have specific requests like not wanting an IV, very delayed cord clamping, etc.

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting mem82:

keikoness
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:01 PM
I want to breast feed and don't want the baby to have pacifiers or formula. Also, I don't want to be induced if at all possible.

Quoting mem82:

Well, do you have any requests that might be considered different? Usually birth plans are wrote out if you have specific requests like not wanting an IV, very delayed cord clamping, etc.

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting mem82:

mem82
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:11 PM

The best way to prevent the baby from getting formula or pacifiers is to keep the baby in the room with you. Make it none to every nurse that comes in. In many, MANY hospitals now they really encourage breast feeding and kangaroo care (bare chest to bare baby) so you probably won't have too much trouble. Take a tour before your labor so you can see what your hospital is like.

Avoiding induction is fairly easy as long as you and your SO speak up and make it known. Have you talked to your OB about this? Your doctor's attitude on induction will be a BIG factor in how much pressure you'll feel. My own OB leaves that in the mother's hands quite a bit.

Quoting keikoness:

I want to breast feed and don't want the baby to have pacifiers or formula. Also, I don't want to be induced if at all possible.

Quoting mem82:

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting mem82:

MomTo3NMW
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I never had one with any of my kids.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM

You can PM both MrsAndrews who is a doula and PandaPanda who has naturally birthed monster sized babies LOL if you want more suggestions.

Lili4You
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I'm a first time mom and am making one just so I can go over it with my midwife so I know what to expect in the hospital (what they will consider doing differently and things they won't budge on). There was a lot of stuff I didn't even know that was done that is on the birth plans online.
kaylaybaby666
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Yes i have a birth plan.
keikoness
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:24 PM
what are some of the things you covered in your birth plan?

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Yes i have a birth plan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN