Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

what i wouldn't think to pack for the hospital

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 20 Replies
Its coming up fast!!! What are some things I wouldn't think to pack in my hospital bag as a 1st time mom? Any advice is helpful ladies!
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mistressflora
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

pack travel shampoos and conditioners, they dont really provide any good ones lol, if they even provide them at all, tooth brush and tooth paste.  a change of clothes bc i doubt you would want to be in a hospital gown the whole time. thats all i can think of at the moment

momma2zac2006
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
With my 1st I didn't think of chapstick. But after breathing so much and everything I wanted it. With my other kids its been the 1st thing packed lol
ravenseeyore
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

pack an outfit to come home in.  And pack the outfit you want to bring baby home in, as well as a receiving blanket.  I know alot of people will say that dh can bring baby's stuff to you later if that's how you want to do it, pack it in a small case/bag in the trunk of your car.  You can leave it there until needed.  Make sure the car seat is in the car.

Keep in mind that you and your husband will be excited/nervous so any steps you can take ahead of time will make it easier.

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Snacks!! Hospital food sucks and you are ravenous for at least a couple of days after birth. What they feed you isn't enough.
Clemency3
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Memory card for camera or video camera..lol someone mentioned this in another post and I was like.."wow I would have never thought of that." but that is because I don't typically take pics. some women like to pack more while others less. I happen to be the one that packs less. I pack an over night bag for myself and baby and that is it. Toiletries and all included with that. You will also need a cheap pair of flip flops for the shower and all. If you want to wear your own pads after then bring them or just use the ones supplied by the hospital. The thing to remember is...while you are packing your over night bag..it's ok to forget something and then have hubby go home and get it. There will be plenty of time for him to go back and forth. My hubby doesn't sleep over so I almost never have to pack a bag because I can count on him to bring me something the next day. 

CafeMom Tickers
StelaE
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Thank you ladies! I wouldn't have thought about some of those things!
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Food. You very likely will be very hungry as soon as baby is born, and often they make you wait until mealtime. My last was born at 12:47 am. It was a long wait for breakfast.
samibugsmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Chapstick, snacks and something soft to wear.
skittlefart
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Your own washcloths, gowns, robe, slippers, hair ties. Those are my must haves :) 

photo Nickysilly_zps1bdda502.jpg
jae414
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Warm socks for labor. My feet froze until time to push. And I forgot them both times!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)