Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

PLEASE READ! I'm Curious.Still, trying to visualize me pushing this baby out threw...such a small area.

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:23 PM
  • 93 Replies

Okay, so i am no where near having the baby yet. By all means I'm only 7 weeks, but my mind keeps going there. I know it is possible, I just wanted to know how painfull was it, did you go natural or got an epidural. I don't know which one I will be having, but I am terrified of needles and don't plan on getting an epidural! I also wanted to know how rare is it to tear, because I don't want that happening, even though I probally have no control over it. Honestly I'm in awe of child birth and wish it was another way for the baby to come out, without pushing or surgery (c-section). Also, what does labor contractions feel like, were they mild, or almost unbearable for you. And how bad was your morning sickness? And what did it feel like, when your water broke. When do you start to get a braxton hick in the pregnancy? What stage of the pregnancy do the doctors examine your vagina? Will the doctor stick something "down there"..if so does he have to, cause I know I'm not going to be comfortable with that. And is it just like a pap smear? I never had one of those.... I have more questions, but I can't think of anymore at the moment. If you would like, can you answer these questions please, in the best way possible. Don't be rude :) I can't ask my mother these questions, because she's not even for the pregnancy. Age:16 if that matters...

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids732
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I got the epi with my first son, and went natural with my second... let me say it didnt tickle... but was totally worth the pain... :)

5tyli5hLensT
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
child birth hurts like hell, it feel like your vagina is on fire lol but once baby is out it's not painful. BH start usually around month 6 but can be felt as early as 17weeks... it all really depends on your body. it'll just feel like your belly is tightening. some women never get morning sickness, others get it the whole pregnancy. usually it starts at 8 weeks. At your first prenatal appointment they will check you, do a papsmear and test for stds. Ask for agirl doctor if you are more comfortable.
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol it doesn't stay so small when you're in labor. They will probably show you diagrams and such when you go in for an appointment. You can also look it up on google about how the baby comes out and how big the cervix is compared to when you are pushing.

I've had an epidural and one without. I was induced both times so I'm sure I was in a lot more paini than normal. The feeling of labor can be different for everybody. Some people have back labor, some feel contractions in their stomach, some don't feel anything at all hardly. I only felt painful pressure against my cervix with my second, bu with my first I had contractions in my stomach I could feel. They felt like intense period cramps that came and went every minute or so and lasted about as long. If you don't want an epidural you don't have to get one and it is better from my experience to to without one. It took a few hours to be able to walk around after my epidural birth, but I was up a few minutes after my non-epidural birth.

Some people don't feel anything except excess wetness hen their water breaks, some feel a pop, some just feel a gush. I had mine artificially broken during my inductions and I just felt a little poopin sensation and then a gush. Then afterwards I had the trickles.

Braxton hicks come on at man different times. Some have reported it as early as 6 weeks and some don't feel them until the end of pregnancy.

I had no morning sickness so I can't really tell you much. I had constant blah feeling and once I felt like I needed to throw up but never did lol.

They will give you a pap and a vaginal exam when you go into your first appointment since you've never had one. After that, unless you need to be examined, tey likely won't examine you again until 37 weeks when they do the gbs swab. When they do the pap they will stick a speculum in there to help open you up so they can see the cervix then use a soft bristle brush to rub at your cervix to get the cells. They will also probably do a swab of the mucous inside your vagina to be sure tere are no infections or stds. At the gbs swab either they will stick a long swab a couple inches into your vagina the. Wipe back to your butthole and stick it a little into your butthole(some just do the outside of the hole), or they will have you do it yourself after explaining how to do it. Any other time they need to check you it will just be fingers pretty much. When in labor if they can't get the baby monitors to pick up on baby or to stay put, they may use an internal monitor... It just goes through your vagina and is stuck into the scalp of baby to keep track of the heart rate. They may also feel the need to use a pressure monitor to gauge your contractions if the external one isn't working for you or if they think the contractions may be too intense. Most likely you won't need the internal monitors. The worst part is the pal because of the speculum really. Once you're in labor you likely won't care who sees you or wha they're doing so long as it doesn't hurt you more lol.

Not everyone tears, and there are measures that can be taken to try to keep from tearing. Perineal massage, laboring in positions other than on your back helps,
ZodiacSignAries
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Wow!! That is alot to take in, but you were very helpfull!!! Thank you :)

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

i pushed a 9 pound 1 ounce baby girl out of my body with no pain meds. our bodies are designed to be able to do this!

Heather2001
by Heather on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I had three natural (drug-free) vaginal births.  Tore with two of them, but not with my biggest one.  Go figure.  Honestly, it's about the position you birth in (don't lie on your back) and how fast you push the baby out.  Don't let the doc/nurses count or coach you.  Just listen to your body!

jezike
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I am 40+ weeks pregnant my first and I can tell you my journey so far...

1 month of morning sickness and it was not that bad. I vomited a couple times every other day but it really was managable. Pregnancy vomiting for me was a lot better than food poison vomiting.

Braxton Hicks did not start until month 8 for me. In my opinion braxton hicks are not bad at all. Mine are very light and easy to endure. Hopefully yours will be too.

The doctor checks your vagina towards the end of your pregnancy (38 weeks for me) and it should not hurt at all considering you have already had sex and your vagina is used to something being inside of it. It feels a little uncomfortable but you will live. No big deal.

Also what has helped me so far is understanding that you are going to be a parent so you need to think like one. When you think of yourself as Mama Bear it helps with all the other stuff. I used to think just like you (how can a human come out of something so small) Do not ever ask yourself that question again. It is a trick of the mind. You need to think like a mom and when you do everything will be easier and more enjoyable to you. Pregnancy can be great and fun if you make it. Do not worry about what you cannot control. Try to only think about being the best mom and raising your child the best way you can.

I will keep you updated on how my birth went so you can hear advice from someone who just gave birth for the first time :) I am due to have my baby any second.

jayangel82
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Im not much help, im only 16 weeks with my first.. but morning sickness started right away for me(more like all day sockness), lasted from week 4-9 it varies depending on the person.. Im scared as hell to of needled and tearing, and im 31! lmao:) I think ill get an epodural though because i am a big baby when it comes to pain! Good luck!

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
aromalife
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi there,
Just thought I would put my two cents in since I have had
7 beautiful babies, all vaginal delivery.
Yes pushing them out is scary, I remeber its hard to imagine and know
what to expect the very first time. It does matter on how you are sitting for delivery, don't lie on ur back and personally its really whatever feels right for you at the time baby comes. My last 2
I delivered squatting and standing up becuz that IS the most natural way for you to push.
As far as getting a pap smear, I would wait becuz just going inside can introduce bacteria in there that can be harmful to the baby. I had to stand very firm with my doctor on this decision so dont be surprised if they try to insist you need it! Its just another unnecessary procedure they get you to do for another office visit and money in their pockets.
Hope this info. is helpful and good luck on your journey through pregnancy!
ZodiacSignAries
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Did you sqaut on the bed? And yes I know , I've been told by a friend that a pap smear is a must have! Me and my bf was both a virgin, so how could we have anything?

Quoting aromalife:

Hi there,

Just thought I would put my two cents in since I have had

7 beautiful babies, all vaginal delivery.

Yes pushing them out is scary, I remeber its hard to imagine and know

what to expect the very first time. It does matter on how you are sitting for delivery, don't lie on ur back and personally its really whatever feels right for you at the time baby comes. My last 2

I delivered squatting and standing up becuz that IS the most natural way for you to push.

As far as getting a pap smear, I would wait becuz just going inside can introduce bacteria in there that can be harmful to the baby. I had to stand very firm with my doctor on this decision so dont be surprised if they try to insist you need it! Its just another unnecessary procedure they get you to do for another office visit and money in their pockets.

Hope this info. is helpful and good luck on your journey through pregnancy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)