Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

should i or should i not?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:50 AM
  • 18 Replies

Hello fellow moms and moms to be,

My name is April and i have a question that is kinda embarrassing to me...well...here...goes....nothing.....My husband tells me that i am very Harry (down there and that i should shave) I can see it and I'm 27 weeks along, does that mean that I'm to harry? should i shave it? my mother in-law tells me that its there for a reason and that if god didn't want us to have it there then it wouldn't, she also sad that its there to keep out infections and to help keep harm away from our vagina... So I'm asking should i shave my vagina or not? and if i do how much to take off? i feel confused because i don't want o get an infection by shaving it off specially that i am pregnant...

Please help :/

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stacyhu
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes its there as a bodies defense mechanism, but with cleanliness advances,modern medicine and conveniences. IE: toilets- TP- wet wipes, its not as important (in that way) as it was 100 years ago (in my opinion) As for actually shaving, if your new to the process I would suggest buying one of those lady trimmers. $10 at your local walmart and they have a length guard on them to you can trim up without hitting bare skin. And it'll  give you and your man the best of both worlds (trimmed for him, but fuzz for you). And if you find you don't like it... don't do it twice-  toss the trimmer and you'll only be out $10 and the hair will be back in no time...lol.... best of luck!!! :o)

VintageWife
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I, personally, would shave it during pregnancy. I don't want hair there in labor. I find it gross to have blood, placenta, etc, touching all the hair. Yuck!

Besides, if he'd like to see it shaved, what is the harm? It's such an easy thing to do to make him happy, right? I guess I'm biased. I'm a hair-gone kinda girl. I don't like all that bushiness going on down below.

19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Yes ofcourse its there for a reason. But if you keep yourself clean you want get infections. I have been shaving since I was 14, Im 25 now and the only time ive had anything was when I got pregnant with my first child and had a yeast Infection. Which is common in pregnancies. It is totally fine to shave/trim down there. Try it and see how you feel with it, if you like it get your husband to trim his up too. Yes men can do it to.. :)

CafeMom Tickers
babesprincess03
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM

ewwww hahahahaha you made me kinda cringe at the thought lol.. 

Quoting VintageWife:

I, personally, would shave it during pregnancy. I don't want hair there in labor. I find it gross to have blood, placenta, etc, touching all the hair. Yuck!

Besides, if he'd like to see it shaved, what is the harm? It's such an easy thing to do to make him happy, right? I guess I'm biased. I'm a hair-gone kinda girl. I don't like all that bushiness going on down below.

CelestialSong
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM

It's completely up to you. Shave if you want, don't if you don't want. You could shave it all or some or trim or whatever. Doesn't matter, just your personal preference.

JustDG
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I personally have always shaved "down there" for years, I just shave it all off when I shave my legs, its just part of my shaving routine...if you dont like to shave, just shave up the bikini line, scape it...

Heather2001
by Heather on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

First of all, your husband should be ashamed for making you feel anything but beautiful *down there*.  There is no reason to shave or trim or ANYTHING if you don't want to.  And actually, if you haven't tried it before now, I sure wouldn't make my first attempt while 27 weeks pregnant.  However, if you feel you would like to trim up, I'd start with a beard or bikini trimmer and just go shorter.  I wouldn't straight up shave it all off on your first go.

jayangel82
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Id say if your 27 weeks and you have never shaved before dont do it! lol. you can buy a trimmer and trim it.. unless your husband is willing to do it for you I wouldnt attemp a full on shave

bebcarroll
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I know I am in the minority,  but there is no reason to shave.  Plus that is going to itch as it grows back, so either it itches or you are shaving around your pregnant belly for the next 13 weeks.  Not my idea of fun and your Dr. DOES NOT CARE!!!  I don't shave for the duration of my pregnancies and no one says a word.  (Well, I shave my armpits but nothing else.)

Larsbug
by Laura on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:49 AM

it's there for a reason, if you don't want to shave it, trim it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)