Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How to tell my kids?!

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM
  • 13 Replies

we were waiting to tell our kids that im pregnant for my last ultrasound where we heard and saw the heart beat and then waiting for my step son to leave because we are waiting to tell him as we are in a nasty custody battle right now not that it should matter.

ANYWAYS i have two 6 almost 7 year olds that need to be told they are going to have a baby sister or brother and i want to tell them tonight any ideas? i was thinking of doing dinner a nice one with all of us but whats something special i could do for them? i dont have alot of time!

pregnancy

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mammacra
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Just tell them! They will be excited!
angray08
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM
I showed my 5 year old a pic of what the baby looked like at that point in pregnancy and told her that's what her baby brother or sister looks like and watched her face turn from confusion to excitement as it sunk in :)

forsakenjewl24
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:57 PM

we just told our other kids.

pregnancy due date
babies
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
1st_time_mom789
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I video taped DH and I telling DD that she was going to be a big sister. Just telling them is a good idea. THey will be excited either way! GL

MomTo3NMW
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM

We just told our kids, it was too hard to hide it. We had been trying for about 2 years for this baby, our two kids are 3 and 4..

I was a day late for my period, so I tested. I could BARELY see the 2nd line. My husband was in the kitchen getting the kids breakfast and I came out shaking and all teared up with the pregnancy test.. I took my husband aside and quietly asked if he saw a 2nd line and he said he did... we just looked at each other and hugged and both cried like babies! 

The poor kids were like wtf is going on?! So we told them on the spot lol.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Homeschoolmo701
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I have severe morning sickness so my BF and I just went ahead and told the other 3 that mommy was having another baby.  They were worried because mommy was sick in bed or throwing up in the bathroom all the time.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I would wait a while longer myself at their ages. It's hard enough to wait at our ages, 8 months can seem like an eternity for their age groups. Also, you still are awfully early. 8( When I miscarried at 9 weeks, I was very thankful I hadn't told my other kids.

Good luck on whatever you choose!

Mandi
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM

We told them and showed them the ultrasound as we heard the heart beat and even at not really 6 weeks yet it was still 109 will have another on monday and see where the rate is at then and we should be good.

Proudmom0610
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:19 PM

we haven't said anything to our kids they are 4 and 1... my DD (4) said is it a baby in there,lol I just said I don't know. I asked her if she wanted another baby and she replied YES YES YES a girl baby because Westin (DS) always trys to take my stuff,lol I was just thinking well a girl baby is going to do the same thing and they'll have to share more.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:51 PM

bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN