Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

overnight back pain

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:43 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ugh so on top of excruciating pelvic pain in the middle of the night...i kept having bad back pain in my lower/middle right part of my back. It doesn't feel like muscle pain, so I just go to thinking its my kidney.

I peed about 5 or 6 times last night (as usual). I dont have a fever. But I've been up for 3 hours now...drank 2 glasses of water...and the back pain is still there and it hurts :(.

I go to the doctor for a check up tomorrow, so obviously ill ask them tomorrow. But was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Im 33 weeks.

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Clemency3
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I would make sure your back is well supported by pillows while in bed (that helps relieve my back pain) and also look into getting a support belt for your belly during the day. 

CafeMom Tickers
MizMellyMac
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I have awful back pain every night and i think it's ligaments being stretched funny. 

mem82
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I would get some cranberry juice and start drinking it. If it is your kidney that will help a bit. If the pain intensifies, you should call or go in.

Also, I know that the gallbladder is on the right side so maybe that could be giving you problems?

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:32 PM

It could be due to how baby is positioned, it could be back labor, or it could be your kidneys. 

alleyrock
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I had back labor with my first and ice been getting those back pains too could be false labor contractions. If you time it and it comes and goes call the hospital.The lady few nights it only happens for a minute stops five minutes later happens again maybe the times then goes away the rest of the night.
poohbearkfc
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Try sleeping on the couch with a heating pad on your back. (The one I have turns off after 45 min, so it's not on all night). Good luck.
KaylaLieber
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Thanks Ya'll....i ended up buying some cran juice and drank it. And then later layed down on a heating pad and it seems to be gone today. Im going to bring it up to my doctor today :)

Thanks for all your alls help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)