Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Did you "feel" different before going into labor??!

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ever since last night, i have felt different somehow. Like my body is ready to give birth. Im 38 weeks. Little man is sleeping basically all the time in there and doesnt really kick to much anymore. Have any of u ladies just felt different before labor? If so how long was it before you went into labor??
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CelestialSong
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I didn't. It was a totally normal day, I felt normal (well, normal for being almost 40 weeks pregnant during almost record-breaking heat in the middle of July, lol), had no idea labor was impending, and I woke up at midnight with contractions and bloody show.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Nope I felt pretty normal! I go through the not feeling normal a couple weeks before delivery!!

MomTo3NMW
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:41 PM

For me it's been just over a week I haven't felt right. Extra tired, extra hungry, my cats have all been up my ass, all 4 of them. My guy still moves though.

As for my other kids though, my first was a few days early and I had no idea I was about to go into labor, not til my water broke in my sleep! My 2nd was 2 weeks late and I was induced.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I did. I had a weird back ache the day before and just had a feeling. Then I woke up early in the morning feeling kind of sick and like my hips were spreading. I started to feel crampy and got up to pee a few hours later. At that point my mucous plug liquefied and came out like my water was breaking and I started contracting.

DesertDuck
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:03 PM

All the day before I felt better than I had the whole pregancy, lol. Great appetite, lots of energy, and a drive to get things done in the baby's room. 1 am that night, my water broke.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:37 PM

My first I was more tired the day before. But nothing I thought was not pregnancy related and heck it could have just been that. My third I thought I was getting sick. I slept pretty much all day the day before.

My third I had everything under the sun for 5-8 weeks. The day before I got a burst of energy and got all the laundry done. Around 4:30 I started to get contractions every 20 mins that never got stronger or closer together till midnight. I also had the worst nausea and heartburn. But it could have been from all the walking up and down the stairs that I over did it. At midnight it all stopped and got three hours of sleep. Woke up to strong contractions.

With all of them I just had a feeling the day before. I knew they would be here the next day.

MichelleH86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:18 PM
First one I felt pretty normal, second labor I had back cramps, then that night I wanted to snuggle with my oldest all night long. I had this tremendous feeling that was the last night she was going to be my only child.. sure enough at 330 am I went into labor
lifeglow
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Awh, thats sweet!!

Quoting MichelleH86:

First one I felt pretty normal, second labor I had back cramps, then that night I wanted to snuggle with my oldest all night long. I had this tremendous feeling that was the last night she was going to be my only child.. sure enough at 330 am I went into labor

mem82
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I just felt very restless.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I feel this way about a week before labor.

Quoting DesertDuck:

All the day before I felt better than I had the whole pregancy, lol. Great appetite, lots of energy, and a drive to get things done in the baby's room. 1 am that night, my water broke.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN