Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Stretch Marks?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:59 PM
  • 29 Replies
Does stretch marks appear during pregnancy, if so how do you get rid of them or just prevent them from even happening! Did you get them? Did they go away? Did they stay?
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lesalmi
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
coco butter before you start getting big
ZodiacSignAries
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I was told that cocoa butter doesn't work.

Quoting lesalmi:

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Stretch marks are genetic. If your mom had them you probably will. Nothing really prevents them. They do fade over time.

Quoting ZodiacSignAries:

Does stretch marks appear during pregnancy, if so how do you get rid of them or just prevent them from even happening! Did you get them? Did they go away? Did they stay?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelseyk1488
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My dads a dermatologist.  They are usually genetic.  But if you eat a healthy diet with lots of healthy fats it helps! I got them but they are fading a lot now at 6 mo pp.  Eat healthy fats WITH your veggies, like butter on green beans, because vitamins A, D, E and K are fat soluable, meaning they need fat to be properly absorbed.  Also try coconut oil! 

jemmyeve
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
if you're meant to have them, then you ll have them. it s genetic, nothing you can do to prevent it
lesalmi
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Any moisturizer. I used cocobutter the whole time i was preg with dd and have very few stretch marks.

Quoting ZodiacSignAries:

Quoting lesalmi:

lesalmi
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Any moisturizer. I used cocobutter the whole time i was preg with dd and have very few stretch marks.

Quoting ZodiacSignAries:

Quoting lesalmi:

kaylaybaby666
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont believe they are genetic

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Stretch marks are genetic. If your mom had them you probably will. Nothing really prevents them. They do fade over time.

Quoting ZodiacSignAries:

Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I used coco butter with my first and this pregnancy and don't have any.

But it's all about your genetics anyways
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

They are pretty much gentic. Eat healthy and drink water. Nothing you can do to much to not get them. Just keep them lotion up to help with itchiness. But that always doesn't take that away either.

My first I barely got any with the way I carried her and did not get any till the last two weeks and far down. My second I carried much higher and got big fast. So I got a bunch on my belly up higher. Then my third I was bigger but only got a few more that I noticed. I am luck that even though I got them. They were not that noticeable.

Some get red ones and they fade or don't fade. Everyone is different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)