Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Terrified my baby isn't gonna make it.:-[

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM
  • 205 Replies
I'm 7 weeks and I know I have a check up coming soon or already missed one, but I haven't been to the doctor. I don't have anyone to take me, can my baby make it without going to the doctor, until it's time to push it out.? My bf is always at "work" and so is his parents.
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Replies (1-10):
SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:29 PM

You're 7 weeks pregnant or you have 7 weeks to delivery? Im confused.

Mama to five beautiful girls- Piper(12), Paris(10), Prue(8), Priya(5)&Kahlan(2) and two angel babies that were too precious for earth, Angel('09) and Evenstar('12)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

A Simply Enchanted Life

unspecified42
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:30 PM
It's possible either way. You may be just fine or your baby may die when it could otherwise be born alive because of lack of prenatal care.

I'm guessing you're on Medicaid based in your situation. See if you qualify for a Medicaid cab, pay for a cab yourself, or find a friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Laura on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

you should not go without some type of prenatal care....what do you mean by "work"? There is always public transit

jojo_star
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Some people don't see a dr the whole pregnancy by choice, but I still say it's safer to at least be watched by a doctor or midwife, someone who knows what to look for in case something is going wrong.
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Your baby can "make it" without you going to a doc but it's not exactly advised. There are cabs and busses, etc, for this exact reason.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM
You should have prenatal care. Nothing is going to happen to tour baby if you don't go but you won't know if anything is wrong.

Why is "work" in quotations?
ColleenF30
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Only if you live somewhere it exists. Many places don't have it.

Quoting Larsbug:

you should not go without some type of prenatal care....what do you mean by "work"? There is always public transit

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Uh.. I didn't have a prenatal appointment with my first until 11 weeks, 8 weeks the first time, and 15 weeks this time. 

The doctor or midwife can't do anything to magically make your baby stay or not. You won't have a miscarriage just because you don't have super early prenatal appointments. 

ZodiacSignAries
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM
The only time I've been to the doctor was once when then told me I was pregnant I haven't been since.

Quoting SimplyEnchanted:

You're 7 weeks pregnant or you have 7 weeks to delivery? Im confused.

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:34 PM

There was a time when there was no prenatal care, ideally though in some cases it can mean the difference between a healthy baby and not. You could try to find a midwife, explain your situation, they may be willing to come to you instead of you go to them. If you are on medicaid like another momma mentioned sometimes they can assist. To answer your question, no just because you haven't seen a Dr means that your baby is gonna day. But you should try to get in atleast by the second trimester!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)