Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How do I conceal it one more month???

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:44 AM
  • 57 Replies

So my Dh and I don't want anyone to know we are P until after our big 1st trimester screening that is scheduled for september 23rd, I will be 12 weeks that week. The problem? I am showing already!! Like not a discrete little aw she put on a little weight, nope, a nondesputable prego belly that has been impossible to conceal no matter how baggy my clothes are. I haven't gained any weight or noticeably looked bigger anywhere else, just my belly. Did anyone else show super early? How did you hide it until you were ready to tell everyone?

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:47 AM
You can't be showing that much at 12 weeks unless you're carrying multiples. Even with this 3rd pregnancy with twins I could hide it at 12 weeks. Throw on a flowy dress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PyschMeh
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Haha, I was just about to make a post pretty much about the same thing, I know how you feel :(

pregnancy due date
EmbraceTheChaos
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I'm not saying I look seven months pregnant right now but its significant enough that yeah even in a flowy dress to anyone that knows me I look pregnant. I've tries loose flowy tops but when I turn sideways the little belly still shows and its low so it doesn't look like weight gain

Quoting mommy2casidee:

You can't be showing that much at 12 weeks unless you're carrying multiples. Even with this 3rd pregnancy with twins I could hide it at 12 weeks. Throw on a flowy dress.

EmbraceTheChaos
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Happy someone understands lol. I have no issue with it once we tell people but I'm high risk so I'd like to keep it on the dL until we are ready

Quoting PyschMeh:

Haha, I was just about to make a post pretty much about the same thing, I know how you feel :(

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Awe, I have the opposite problem. I'm 22 weeks and no one cal tell, no matter how hard I try to show off my "bump"!
ACsLady
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Do you have a picture?

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I have the same problem the last couple times. But I wasn't trying to hide it. Good luck. My pants start not fitting at about 5 weeks. It's downright ridiculous.
MizMellyMac
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Just tell people you really really like food all the sudden? lol

ChelseNichole
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM
3 moms liked this

Not true. Everyone's body is different. Especially if this is not her first baby. My cousin is due 2 weeks before me...but this is her second baby and she looks like she due 2 months before me. She started showing around 10 weeks. I am JUST starting to show at 14 weeks and this is my first.

Quoting mommy2casidee:

Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
This is my second pregnancy and my dh could tell at like 9 weeks, it was a round little bump not like bloated bump. I know what you are going through, and we wanted to wait till 12 weeks to tell everyone, but people started asking when I was 9-10 weeks.. So I said screw it and just told people..
Now I'm 21 weeks and I'm small compared to some people who are right there with me.

You either have to go into hiding for the next couple weeks or just let people wonder..
Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)