Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Thick Bloody discharge/mucus??....

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 14 Replies

I was noticing today after my hubby and I had an afternoon sex that I started bleeding. This happened often when I was preg with my daughter 2 years ago but it was only right after and was just slightly pinkish. TOday however I went into the bathroom to clean up afterwards and when I sat down to pee I noticed chunks in the toilet. Similar to what I would get if I was having a period. I didnt panic right away - I could still feel the baby moving so I wasnt sure what to do. I wasnt cramping or anything- I put on a liner and waited to see if anything else would happen. Less than an hour went by and it was time for me to go get the kids from school when I got home I could feel like if a clump was coming out and I went to the bathroom and noticed another large chunk of bloody mucus stuff. Obviously I changed the liner and placed a slightly bigger pad on.

Has anyone else had this? I havent called the doc yet.

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orliesmom
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

LeeBug32
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I have not, but I would call the doctor.  How far along are you?

orliesmom
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:57 PM

22 weeks

Quoting LeeBug32:

LeeBug32
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:59 PM

You can go straight into Labor and Delivery after 20 weeks.  If you have insurance, I'd go and have them check you out.  Whenever I had any spotting with my son, I went to L&D. 

Quoting orliesmom:

22 weeks

Quoting LeeBug32:

orliesmom
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Yes I have  insurance. I actually forgot the send you straight up. I am going to place a call to the doc first. I have never really had any problems with any pregnancy before (sex wise) just cramping and slight spotting like I mentioned above with my 2nd.

Quoting LeeBug32:

You can go straight into Labor and Delivery after 20 weeks.  If you have insurance, I'd go and have them check you out.  Whenever I had any spotting with my son, I went to L&D. 

Quoting orliesmom:

22 weeks

Quoting LeeBug32:

LeeBug32
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:04 PM

The spotting after sex happened with me, too.  It was never very much.  I was always put on "pelvic rest". 

Quoting orliesmom:

Yes I have  insurance. I actually forgot the send you straight up. I am going to place a call to the doc first. I have never really had any problems with any pregnancy before (sex wise) just cramping and slight spotting like I mentioned above with my 2nd.

Quoting LeeBug32:

Quoting orliesmom:

22 weeks

Quoting LeeBug32:

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Its possible that you have placenta previa, I would get checked out!

orliesmom
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Yes with my second they never made me do anything special and it happened the entire length of the preg started at about 14 weeks. This is the first time I have had anything with this one and it was pretty heavy

Quoting LeeBug32:

The spotting after sex happened with me, too.  It was never very much.  I was always put on "pelvic rest". 

Quoting orliesmom:

Quoting LeeBug32:

Quoting orliesmom:

22 weeks

Quoting LeeBug32:

orliesmom
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

She actualy did mention at my 20 week US that my placenta was lower than normal. I didnt know it could cause bleeding though like that. I just knew it was a problem for delivery.  I had that with my second as well.

Quoting NoraDun:

Its possible that you have placenta previa, I would get checked out!

alleyrock
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:10 PM

That early I would have them take a look because it could be something serious or something you dont need to worry about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)