Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Ramzi's Method to Determine Gender

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM
  • 2 Replies

Have you ladies heard of this?  Do your ultrasounds match Ramzi results?

Placenta on left=Girl

Placenta on right=Boy

I'm not sure I buy into it, but it is fun to look at anyway!

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Bailee2b
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Posted 04/16/2013

THE LEFT OF THE IMAGE/SCREEN SHOWS THE PATIENT'S RIGHT FOR BOTH TRANSVAGINAL & ABDOMINAL

Transvaginal ultrasounds and abdominal ultrasounds do NOT differ in their perspectives.

For BOTH, the view on the image/screen is from the perspective of thesonographer.

*** This means that the left of the image of the image/screen is the patient's right, while the right of the image of the image/screen is the patient's left. ***

This applies to transverse ultrasounds (which is the typical type of scan at 6 weeks).
(Sagittal ultrasounds show neither left nor right).

Please refer to http://www.mainehealth.org/em_body.cfm?id=4733

Technically, the sonographer can flip the image, so ask if it's a true transverse if you would like to be sure.

OTHER NOTES ON THE RAMZI METHOD

It's about whether the placenta is starting to form (not where the fetus is). You can take a guess from your ultrasound pic, but the only way to KNOW where it's forming is to have an ultrasound that shows the blood flow (which is what Ramzi used).

If the placenta is forming on the right (which will be left on the image/screen), then it indicates a boy.

If the placenta is forming on the left (which will be right on the image/screen), then it indicates a girl.

THANK YOU. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD! :)

*Please excuse me if I'm reviving an old post. I'm trying to kill the false internet rumour by responding to posts which appear high up on relevant Google searches.

My dr pointed out where my placenta was forming (to the right of the baby).  Which I guess would mean in real life on the left, which means girl!  12 weeks and I'll know for sure.  
Bailee2b
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN