Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnant and single

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have a 5 year old little girl whose father died 3 years ago in a car accidnet.  I started dating a true gentleman inwhich when he came into my life felt like it was a dream come true.  After dating for 3 months I found out that I was pregnant and due to me not wanting to fulfill his wishes and get an abortion we stop dating and he says that he will be the best father ever but we are over.  Does anyone have any advice for me?

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Stay strong! Do you have a support system?
Clemency3
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Just stay strong for your daughter and this new little one. Rely on friends and family for emotional support. I would also make sure you still have his information so you can get child support from him. So while he is out of your life that doesn't mean he should take no responsibility at all. 

CafeMom Tickers
sara_g21
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:54 AM
No advice but similar situation. My son is six and his father died just shy of his fourth birthday. I too started a relationship with a man who I thought was everything I was looking for. I'm now 37 weeks pregnant and we recently broke up. Sending support And know you are not the only one. :(
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2andTTC
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:47 PM
You got out at a good time...
Christenrenee
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:06 PM

My baby's father is in jail :x  While I'm technically not single, I am parenting alone temporarily.  (My brother is coming to live with me to be the "manny" when I go back to work until bf is done with jail/treatment.

My baby's father did not respond the best when I first told him I was pregnant.  At that time we were separated.  I never really thought we'd get back together, but I figured he'd come around.  His attitude changed completely when he saw the first ultrasound picture. 

LuvMommysBabies
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

All I can say is be strong for your children. I am a single mom of a 3 year old, 2 year old and i'm 36 weeks pregnant, the father of my children left one day walking out on me at 4 months pregnant and his children. He has not asked about his children in months. My children are my motivation and they keep me going.

MissMary1992
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Complete jerk! Dont worry about him, karma will handle him just love that little baby with all your heart and do the best you can, pray alot! Lol thats all we can do:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN