Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Lots of you have girls....OT....but please help!!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 1 Replies

I need help!! I am at a loss! I am gonna start at the beginning with lots of details, so bare with me!! My daughter is 3 yrs old (as of June 25th) She has been potty training since she was 2, she has been dry during the days (COMPLETELY) since about 2 1/2 (maybe 2 1/4) and she has been completely dry at night  (aside from the occasional accident) for about the past 3-4 months. OK, she is a very independent smart little girl. And she had started asking us to let her wipe herself. OK no problem we went through how to do it right, and for a while I would check behind her but then I just let her do it. She did it on her own for maybe a week really well and then I started noticing that she had poop stains in her undies. (This was about 2-3 wks ago) so I explained if she wasn't going to wipe herself, or wipe herself good enough I would have to start back doing it. So we do for the most part again, sometimes she will wipe, but she just isn't getting it good enough so I try to make sure I wipe her after she goes. Ok well then about a week ago I noticed that she was wet. I thought she peed the bed, but her covers didn't feel wet and they didn't really smell wet. But I changed her and washed her sheets anyway. Well later that evening she started complaining her leg hurt. I pulled down her undies and she had a rash right where her underwear touch both of her inner thighs, and her underwear were SOAKED. I asked her if she had an accident and she said no. I told her she HAS to tell me when she has accidents because I have to change her. (So I am thinking she had JUST had an accident) So again I change her. Things were fine for a couple days and then one day she comes running up to me and she SMELLS awful like urine. So I look and again her undies are SOAKED. So I checked her sheets again wondering if she peed the bed, but they are dry to the touch, no smell. Her poor little thighs are really sore now. So I change her and I am like WTH is going on. Some ladies said maybe she was just reacting to the fact baby was coming etc. But this just doesn't settle with me, its not like her. Well I decided to just follow her ever time she pees. I am thinking maybe she isn't wiping. Maybe every time she pees she just gets off so the drops are just wetting her undies. But then again in my mind I am thinking "WHY is she not telling me her undies are wet RIGHT away so that I can change them" My boys NEVER would sit in wet undies. So I am watching her pee, making sure she wipes, explaining that she can NOT sit in wet undies because they will hurt her leg. Well FINALLY realief comes when she gets on the toilet and pees but she spreads her legs so far the pee shoots out of the toilet onto her undies and clothes. AND I AM RELIEVED, this makes perfect since. (Doesn't explain why she isn't getting herself clean clothes are telling me she is wet so I can) but it explains how her undies are getting wet. SOOO yesterday we have NO wet undies at all. I followed her to the bathroom made sure she sat right, made sure she wiped well. Everything was fine. Then today we go to the farm and visit. She didn't go potty the whole time we were there, which I found odd. I would ask and she just said she didn't have to go. So then we go to my Moms. Well their she said she had to go potty. So she goes and I look and her undies are just SOAKED. No clue when she wet them, why she wet them, or how she wet them. So I asked if she peed herself and she said no. AGAIN I explained SHE CAN NOT let herself see in wet undies or her legs will start hurting again. So we get her clothes off her, clean them, dry them, put a shirt on her without undies until we could dry her clothes (I didn't carry an extra pair, I have never had to before. BUT I WILL BE NOW!!) So anyway we get her clothes dried put them back on her, she goes outside with me to play. And all of a sudden she runs up and says "Mommy I am a little wet" So I look and she has the smallest bit of a urine spot on her undies. Maybe a quarter size or a touch bigger. I said "Hunny why didn't you tell me you had to pee!!" She said I dont have to pee. So I still took her in and made her sit on the potty, and she BARELY tinkled. So its not like her bladder was full, and she had an accident not making it to the potty. Its like she just leaked urine. Well that freaked me out. So I go in and call our family Dr and she tells me its probably that she is having too much fun she doesn't want to go potty (well again if that was the case after she had the tiny accident you would think she would use the bathroom a lot when I took her in) or she said it could be that she isn't completely emptying her bladder, but if you know my daughter you know she will sit there FOREVER mainly because normally when she pees she also poops (not sure if this is a girl thing or not but she has been that way since she was a NB) The Dr told us she didn't believe it was an UTI (that was my concern) because she isn't in pain, and because she has no fever. BUT WHY would the child leak urine? I feel like I am at a loss because this isn't the norm, its not like we just started potty training, she has been potty trained awhile. I just don't understand and I am scared something is physically wrong. Tomorrow I am going to ask her to go pee every hour or so. And I am gonna follow her to make sure she is going ok, and that she is wiping, etc. And I think I am JUST gonna let her be in her undies and a shirt so I can easily check and make sure she is dry. And if she has ANY accidents tomorrow I am making an apt for her Monday to get seen.

Does anyone have any ideas?? Suggestions?? Personal experiences??

I know she could be struggling with change from the baby, BUT its just not like her, she doesn't seem to have ANY anxiety about it. She can't wait to hold the baby, and change the baby, etc. She is getting plenty of love and attention from us and her brothers. I just can't think its anything crazy like that. But I dont know!!! I am so confused, and concerned!

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MichelleH86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't blame you, you know your daughter best. And if something doesn't sit right you, you should definitely get it checked out. My 2 (almost 3) year old back tracked. She started just going in her panties or getting in the bathroom and going on the floor. She kept telling us she didn't have to go when I knew darn well there was no way she didn't have to. So it got to the point where I had to just take her potty even when she said no every 30 min or so.. she still wears pull ups at night bc every Now and again she will tinkle a little. I hope this helped a little.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN