Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pain with fetal movement-normal?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm 33 weeks pregnant. Since about 28 or 29 weeks, I've been having pain with feral movement. I mentioned it to my ob-gyn, but he didn't seem worried. Ive never heard of this before. I searched online, and read several women post that they had some pain in the second pregnancy, but many of them were further along than I am and I am pregnant with my first baby. I'm not sure that this is normal... Like I stated earlier, I've never heard of pain with fetal movement. And I've known many women trough their pregnancies. And everyone online had this during a second or third pregnancy. Any thoughts? ....
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:17 AM

It happens. I had a rough spot at 24wks when everytime baby moved I felt like I was being punched in the stomach (from the inside). Now I'll be 35wks tomorrow and I have some days (esp the past 2-3 days) where it feels like baby's going to rip through my body. 

theresa13183
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:27 AM

this lol. exactly

i felt the 'punched from the inside' thing too...it sort of took my breath away everytime he kicked and made me flinch a bit

its also my first baby too...i feel like most first time moms just think its normal and ignore it though :)

Quoting Devious103102:

It happens. I had a rough spot at 24wks when everytime baby moved I felt like I was being punched in the stomach (from the inside). Now I'll be 35wks tomorrow and I have some days (esp the past 2-3 days) where it feels like baby's going to rip through my body. 

caitieV
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Thank you guys! Glad to know it isn't just me. Makes me feel a little better about it.
TammyHelton
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM
This is my second pregnancy. She will be my first baby when she is born I'm 23 weeks and I feel pain every time she moves. I think it is because I had fibroids 4 removed from my uterus a year ago. my mom tells me it is normal to feel pain when she moves.
MalloryR
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:16 AM
It is completely normal. The bigger your baby gets, the less room there is for amniotic fluid. The less fluid there is, the less cushion for the blow, so to speak. Also, the baby is getting stronger, so that too increases the likelihood of discomfort and pain. My son hurts me half the time, lol.
kelly617
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Well I'm pregnant with my 2nd but I've had ton's of painful movement.
It could mean that your little one is bigger than the norm (my son is measuring big) or maybe you just have a really strong lil one

mushmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:10 AM
This is my third and her movements are painful at times whereas my others weren't. I'm sure it depends on where baby is. This one hangs out low but my others did not.
caitieV
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Thanks, all! I'm only 5 feet 2 inches tall. And my ore pregnancy weight was 100 lbs. I'm guessing its cause I'm little n the baby's getting big.... Can't wait till October to hold my little pain in the ribs. Lol.
Lili4You
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM
It depends on what my little guy is doing. But some are definitely painful/cringe-worthy.
ChandraSeay
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I'm only 20 weeks and feel pain when he moves. Mainly when he hits the belly button area. I didn't think it was possible for it to hurt since he's still so tiny. I guess my little guy is strong. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)