Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnancy after C-section

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 23 Replies
Has anyone here been pregnant in less than a year after having a c-section? If so, were there any risks or complications?
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KPJ
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Well not sure if this counts but the same week my daughter turned one year old I got pregnant with baby #2.. I am now 38 weeks and 5 days and my second c-section is scheduled for this upcoming Wednesday. Everything has been perfect so far..except for the normal pregnancy aches and pains.
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I know that with the type of c section i got with my son, if i got pregnant again, my son had to be 2 by time i delivered. Its so i can have a vaginal delivery and not a repeat c section. So, you will most likely have a repeat c section.
MommyRJ
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I was pregnant 10m later & had no problems. Noone even said anything to me
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Being pregnant again within 18 months of a previous vaginal birth increases risks. Being pregnant again within 2 yrs of a previous c-sections increases risk. Being pregnant with the first year after having a c-section can lead to many complications from minor discomforts at c-section site to lifethreatning! Your Dr will more then likely want to keep a very close eye on you. You may even be considered high risk! And the hospital will probably push another c-section!

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM
My first and second are 16 months apart. I had no complications during my pregnancy. I did have a lot of discomfort in my incision throughout my pregnancy because of stretching but I have that with #4 now(after 3 c-sections.)

My second c-section recovery was far easier though because my incision was numb. I had no pain in my incision at all but I did feel postpartum contractions which sucked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monkiebut
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I got pregnant when my dd was 9 months. You have a slightly higher risk of tearing your scar. That said, I was still allowed to try for a Vbac. If your surgeon did their job right it should not be an issue.
Roe1993
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM

my son is 6 months old and I am almost 12 weeks pregnant with twins, and I havent really been told anything so I guess it just depends.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Irish_mama_2011
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I'm not pregnant and don't want to be pregnant, but I had a c-section and I remember my sister telling me her doctor said not to get pregnant for at least a year after her c-section. I just posted this question out of curiosity.

Quoting daydreamer86:

I know that with the type of c section i got with my son, if i got pregnant again, my son had to be 2 by time i delivered. Its so i can have a vaginal delivery and not a repeat c section. So, you will most likely have a repeat c section.

Irish_mama_2011
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I'm not pregnant and don't want to get pregnant, I just posted this question out of curiosity.

Quoting NoraDun:

Being pregnant again within 18 months of a previous vaginal birth increases risks. Being pregnant again within 2 yrs of a previous c-sections increases risk. Being pregnant with the first year after having a c-section can lead to many complications from minor discomforts at c-section site to lifethreatning! Your Dr will more then likely want to keep a very close eye on you. You may even be considered high risk! And the hospital will probably push another c-section!

PrOuDaRmYWiF08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I had baby # 2 when #1 was 11 months 3 weeks 5 days old.

The main "complication" was that my uterus was extremely thin, if I had not got Pre-E at 34w5d my OB said she sure my uterus would have ruptured in the next couple weeks! I think it just depends on how your uterus has healed- I've seen a lot of women have back to back pregnancies with no complications.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)