Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you save anything from your childhood to give to your kids?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM
  • 19 Replies

Did you save anything from your childhood to give to your kids?

Books, toys, clothes, something else?

I have several books and toys from my childhood that I saved to one day give my kids. I gave a few things to my boys and have a few things for my daughter.

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I have all kinds of books from my childhood, plus a bunch of stuffed animals and dolls (mostly Barbies). If I have a girl, she'll seriously hit the Barbie jackpot. It's just boxes upon boxes of dolls and their clothes/accessories.

mamav2215
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I saved a bell from my grandmother that died when i was 9. My grandfather married a HORRID woman almost immediately after her death and she sold EVERYTHING of my grandmothers. I obviously kept the bell for myself; but then decided I wanted something of my father's parents to pass along to to my kids. (i no longer speak to my dad's dad). However; my parents moved and for the last 3 years I haven't seen my bell. I was pregnant and kind of bummed out that I'd lost this. I went home (i live out of state) for my other grandpa funeral and was wondering around the second hand store that my other grandma manages. I stumbled upon my bell!!!! So i had to buy my own bell back. haha. We think when my parents moved, someone misplaced it in the donation pile!

It's sitting on her bookshelf now! :)

nerdychick
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I have a hand made wooden toy box that was made for me by a very good family friend (on my dads side) It sat at my grandmas house untill I had my first baby then she gave it to me for him. I also still have the rocking chair my grandfather (moms dad) made for me. He made 4 one year for Christmas (one for me and my 3 cousins at the time) I was about 3 or 4 years old. Its the only one left and all my kids have used it and fingers crossed I can pass it to my grandkids. 

CelestialSong
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Nope. Nothing from my childhood survived, except one baby picture of me. Well, unless I count the NES and SNES (and games) I got when I was around 14. Which I could pass on to the kids... but won't... but they can play them! lol

bebe_ju-rah
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM
No. I honestly don't know what happened to my toys.
WeWantMaia
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I saved my American Girl dolls and a few stuffed animals. I figure my girls will love to play with the dolls, dress them, and do their hair, just like their mom used to!
EmDinger
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I have a teddy bear from my grandpa and the afgan my grandma made me as an infant. I also have the afgan my great grandma made for my mom as an infant, and a set of shelves another grandpa hand made for my mom's room as a child.

Heather2001
by Heather on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Lots of things - I'm sentimental, lol.  My DD has all of my old Barbies, books, some stuffed animals (including a Popple, hehe), clothes, etc.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Some toys for dd
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:13 PM
some clothes
some toys
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured