Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Did you save anything from your childhood to give to your kids?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM
  • 19 Replies

Did you save anything from your childhood to give to your kids?

Books, toys, clothes, something else?

I have several books and toys from my childhood that I saved to one day give my kids. I gave a few things to my boys and have a few things for my daughter.

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I have all kinds of books from my childhood, plus a bunch of stuffed animals and dolls (mostly Barbies). If I have a girl, she'll seriously hit the Barbie jackpot. It's just boxes upon boxes of dolls and their clothes/accessories.

mamav2215
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I saved a bell from my grandmother that died when i was 9. My grandfather married a HORRID woman almost immediately after her death and she sold EVERYTHING of my grandmothers. I obviously kept the bell for myself; but then decided I wanted something of my father's parents to pass along to to my kids. (i no longer speak to my dad's dad). However; my parents moved and for the last 3 years I haven't seen my bell. I was pregnant and kind of bummed out that I'd lost this. I went home (i live out of state) for my other grandpa funeral and was wondering around the second hand store that my other grandma manages. I stumbled upon my bell!!!! So i had to buy my own bell back. haha. We think when my parents moved, someone misplaced it in the donation pile!

It's sitting on her bookshelf now! :)

nerdychick
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I have a hand made wooden toy box that was made for me by a very good family friend (on my dads side) It sat at my grandmas house untill I had my first baby then she gave it to me for him. I also still have the rocking chair my grandfather (moms dad) made for me. He made 4 one year for Christmas (one for me and my 3 cousins at the time) I was about 3 or 4 years old. Its the only one left and all my kids have used it and fingers crossed I can pass it to my grandkids. 

CelestialSong
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Nope. Nothing from my childhood survived, except one baby picture of me. Well, unless I count the NES and SNES (and games) I got when I was around 14. Which I could pass on to the kids... but won't... but they can play them! lol

bebe_ju-rah
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM
No. I honestly don't know what happened to my toys.
WeWantMaia
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I saved my American Girl dolls and a few stuffed animals. I figure my girls will love to play with the dolls, dress them, and do their hair, just like their mom used to!
EmDinger
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I have a teddy bear from my grandpa and the afgan my grandma made me as an infant. I also have the afgan my great grandma made for my mom as an infant, and a set of shelves another grandpa hand made for my mom's room as a child.

Heather2001
by Heather on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Lots of things - I'm sentimental, lol.  My DD has all of my old Barbies, books, some stuffed animals (including a Popple, hehe), clothes, etc.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Some toys for dd
comptonkids
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:13 PM
some clothes
some toys
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN