Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so my hubby doesn't want me getting the tdap.....

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM
  • 24 Replies

So me and my husband are talking, and he really doesn't want me to get the Tdap while pregnant. He said he doesn't like the though of putting something in my body that we have no idea what kind of effect it will have on our unborn boys. Of course he followed with, its your body, and you can do with it what you want. But he made a valid point. The will get vaccinated at 2 months, i have no clue what reaction it might have, and we never did it with our other children... By no means am i anti vaccination. I just think he has just as much say so as me in all of this... what do you guys think? please no bashing

Edit: also if you have any hard facts in either direction, please post link of info :) thank you!

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I never got that while pregnant. I did get a booster for it in the hospital after my son was born and my husband got the booster during our sons first check up after we got home from the hospital.
Allisonc7910
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I got mine and felt a bit icky that day but felt fine the next.  My baby is fine, its just the antibodies that are being transferred to the placenta so your baby is protected for the few months he is most vulnerable.  I feel great now and baby has been kicking vigorously.

livingforthem83
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I was never offered it, but I would refuse it. I refuse all vaccinations while pregnant.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I have never been given the option but I would not be comfortable with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I got the tdap while pregnant with my twins. Here in WA state we had a HUGE number of kids being hospitalized and even dying from this disease. I have several friends who had babies in the hosptial with it this last year. I got the vaccine, as well as my husband, and our parents.

Babies do not get their first vaccine until they are 2 months old. The first 2 months they have NO protection. After one dose of the vaccine they are not safe either. The first dose really just gets them ready for the 2nd dose at 4 months. So after their first dose you should not consider them safe.

For us, there was no choice since it was SO common in our state last year.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I wouldn't get it either, but then again I don't vaccinate and if I did, I certainly wouldn't do it until they were older considering vaccines before 6 months don't do a think because young babies can't form antibodies.

mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM
I wouldn't get any vaccine while pregnant either!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybugmama86
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I refuse it and also dont let the babies get it until their 6 month appointments. But I delay vac everything. My youngest dd is getting ready to turn 4 and she hasnt gotten her 3 year vaccines yet.

BabyName Ticker
mamav2215
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:29 PM

we did not get the vaccine. We have the same problem your husband has. And I know moms are saying, "my baby was fine afterwards" realistically I am not worried about effect on the baby being immediate but what happens to this baby has it develops and all of that stuff. We were just really uncomfortable getting a vaccine that up until 2011 pregnant woman were told NOT was not okay to get. 

Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I'm getting it.. Mainly because whooping cough had a very big presents in my local community lately and I'm not risking the baby getting it. Especially because you can be a carrier without displaying symptoms.
Dh will also be getting his booster before she is born.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured