Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

mirena question

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM
  • 22 Replies
I was wondering if anyone has had mirena or paraguard? And what was your experiance with it. Right now I have blue care network and Medicaid, but I will prob loose my Medicaid and my blue care network don't cover birth control. I work for a catholic organization. So I can't afford pills every month so I was thinking about mirena. I know some people love it others have problems with it. I'm just looking for input.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlemomma84
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I had it. Hated it. Had tons of side effects from it and even got pregnant and miscarried. But everyone is different

GinnyW22
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I was going to get Mirena, but when I googled it all that came up was lawsuits... And they said it can move and rupture things causing surgery.. I google everything before I take it... Do major research. It sounded to scary for me 

triciakae
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Bump anyone else?
NikkiPitt0805
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I liked it.  The only problem I had was it "migrated" up into my uterus so I had to have it removed as an outpatient procedure because they couldn't get it out in the office, but I was in and out of the hospital in less than 3 hours...from the time I checked in until I was getting in the car.  Good Luck.

sklw78
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I have one and I have no issues with it at all. I think it is one of the best forms of birth control I have ever used.

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Had it for 18 months almost to the day before it fell out. I hated it and was already planning to get it removed so it was a happy thing it fell out for me. I had a few times of feeling pregnant though I wasn't. I had a constant discomfort in my uterus. It drifted a lot.... At one point I couldn't feel my strings for over a month and got an ultrasound to confirm it was still there... Apparently the strings drifted up into my cervix and then came back down. It was just a headache for me.
MamiiNessaof4
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Had paraguard...no problems except heavy heavy bleeding n bad cramping... Put Mirena in..barely any periods but then gained 25lbs in 3 weeks...not possible for someone who exercises n diets ... Doctor still didn't believe me..took it off , hated it!
MrsMoretz
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:07 PM
I had mireana and I hated it. I cramped all the time I gained weight and TMI but I always had a funny smell down there with it. I gave it 3 months and had it removed!!!
Laura1427
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I have it. I have had it for about 3 years. I will probably get it removed in the next year. I didn't mind it up until now but it is starting to give me weird pregnancy like cravings/symptoms and im really hormonal. Also getting migraines pretty bad around the time of my period which never happened before. So I would still recommend it, but I would be wary at the 3 year mark. I hear a lot of people have issues around that time.

Mammacra
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I had mirena for over 2 years I hated it! I got no periods but felt aweful & when I went to get it removed it was stuck! So it took over an hour to have it removed! I almost had to have surgery! I got cervical cysts because if it! Never again! It been out longer than it was in & I still have to undergo yearly culposcomy & biopsys on my cervix!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)