Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How do I tell dh now that he does not want another baby!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:04 AM
  • 34 Replies
So dh & I were ttc since may & nothing until now & he has suddenly changed his mind to the point where I can't even mention pregnancy around him! I have known for almost two weeks that I'm preg but I just can't seem to tell him! So I'm just being extra nice cooking home cooked meals being really affectionate so my older kids can be happy & we can all have happy memories incase this goes bad. I can't imagine him leaving he would have to pay child support for 4 kids! And alimony! But I don't want to live with a miserable man either! He's such a planner & worry wart! I know everything will be ok! I just want him to be as over the moon excited like I am!

I'm thinking of having a cake made with my ultra sound pic on top then having it delivered to his work! Or having an edible arrangements delivered to his work with a card telling him! I want to do something big! & I know if he's at work his coworkers will be excited for us/him & help boost his mood about the idea!

****UPDATE****

My symptoms are crazy right now so on Saturday he said are u sure your not pregnant I said pretty sure but I will test in the am. I tested w/ my clear blue digi w/ week estimator & it said pregnant 3+ so he was like that better be wrong and unhappily left our bedroom. I took another test & then showered he didn't talk to me for a while but ended up talking w/ me not about the pregnancy. We will see how this unfolds. My other test is sitting on our master bathroom counter with two lines next to the one that says pregnant. I'm gonna give it a few days hopefully he comes around.
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mammacra
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Bump
fontainesgirl91
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Personally with the way you think he's going To react telling him face to face would be best in my opinion .. The fact is you were trying so there's really not much he should be upset about ... If you are scared to tell him your pregnant even when you both were ok with trying for another one you might want to consider getting some help in the communication department having a baby isn't something you just wake up and oh I want a baby tomorrow I don't I'm sure you know that with 3 kids already but does he ? If financially you don't think your ready why were you both trying to begin with ? In my opinion no one is every really fully prepared for another baby unless your like a millionaire or something lol it will all work out this baby is a wonderful blessing don't hide it any more :)
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:50 AM
I think you should tell him at home. If you want to do something big send the kids away for the night. Cook a themed dinner. Baby back ribs, baby corn, baby everything. Then give.him a special monies that's says I am the baby or dad's favorites. Something cute.
oliver92
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:27 AM

ttc can get rough, that's probably all it has to do with.  It makes u excited and then disapointed, and then happy, and then sad... SUCKS!!! then you just say forget it.. We did that last year and got rid of anything baby in the house, gave everything away to expecting couples, etc.  and bammm pregnant...... LOL  my dh was shocked but happy as heck. 

yankie2911
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM

my dh didnt want any more kids when SURPRISE one more showed up and i was terrified because of the way he was so sure he didnt want any more. i got up some courage and made sure to phrase it "WE are going to have another baby" he took it fine and was surprised i was scared to tell him. sounds like your dh was just fed up with trying and not succeeding, and deep down he reallly wants one. i had to hear for years how we were NOT having any more when i found out about the last one. everything turned out fine :)

lillucky8
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:46 AM

maybe he was just getting discouraged. my dh gets insanely cranky about things when he's stressed about it or upset. men aren't very good at showing emotion. i bet he will be super excited

orliesmom
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I agree with everyone else. I think you should tell him at home. It may make it worse telling him in front of a bunch of people

mjimaging
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I don't think I'd send it to his work. Good luck.
LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM
He was possibly fed up with the constant trying and not getting pregnant, but now that you are, he's probably going to be very excited. :)
Mommy2-3181
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I wouldn't do that I would tell him at home.but that's just me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)