Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Getting Nervous!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:42 AM
  • 15 Replies
I am 34/4 with ds2. I had a partial abruption with ds1 and had him at 36 weeks. Needless to say, I am terrified of preterm labor. i have been a wreck since 30 weeks. Does the thought of preterm labor scare anyone else? When did you start getting nervous?
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fontainesgirl91
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
It comes to mind my son was born only a week early but he pooed inside and I always think what if he would have stayed longer it could have killed him ? But I try not to let that effect my stress levels with ds2 due3 days before ds1 was due ... Just relax and pray for a healthy delivery ! Don't stress yourself when they may not be a need for it
lillucky8
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

it didn't scare me really, but my kids were enormous and dd was born at 37w5d big and healthy as a horse, i wish you good luck and hope that baby stays in for a while longer :)

Karopie_99
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Im 31.3 weeks. And I am measuring closer to 35 weeks. I started to feel more and more on edge about a week ago! I think OMG in 2-5 weeks my baby can be here! But I have my csection for October 21st. So I am trying to keep calm.

My 3rd baby was an emergency csection because the cord was wrapped 3 times around her neck and her HB was jumping all over the charts. Thats when the doc had noticed the placenta had seperated too. So I am nervous about that as well

Good Luck! Hopefully baby stays in there for a few more weeks atleast

Megan11587
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Good luck to you, too! I have my c-section scheduled for September 27th.  I'm just hoping I can walk in there on that day and have everything go smoothly!  

Quoting Karopie_99:

Im 31.3 weeks. And I am measuring closer to 35 weeks. I started to feel more and more on edge about a week ago! I think OMG in 2-5 weeks my baby can be here! But I have my csection for October 21st. So I am trying to keep calm.

My 3rd baby was an emergency csection because the cord was wrapped 3 times around her neck and her HB was jumping all over the charts. Thats when the doc had noticed the placenta had seperated too. So I am nervous about that as well

Good Luck! Hopefully baby stays in there for a few more weeks atleast

19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Everything about pregnancy scares me. Just so much that can happen even before labor.

CafeMom Tickers
Megan11587
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Yeah that's true. The biggest mistake I made with the first pregnancy was reading the damn books. They scared the crap out of me! lol
Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

Everything about pregnancy scares me. Just so much that can happen even before labor.

cestlavie94
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I was scared too, but to be honest, you're almost 35 weeks along, if you had your baby today chances are your son would be healthy! Don't let it worry you too much! Enjoy the last weeks of your pregnancy.

19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

With my first child I was young and I read every book just about and ofcourse everythign on the internet.. lol so that made it worse. So I mean this time its not as bad but its still kinda of scary. Everything was smooth sailing with my son so I am praying its the same with this little girl.. :)

Quoting Megan11587:

Yeah that's true. The biggest mistake I made with the first pregnancy was reading the damn books. They scared the crap out of me! lol
Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

CafeMom Tickers
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

not really. My high risk dr est. 2 more weeks of me being pregnant (I will be almost 37weeks) I am also at risk for placental abruption and I have GD. I had my dd at 37 weeks via emergency c-section and I am okay as long as my son will be born after 35weeks

alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Well I definitely got a little freaked out when I started having Braxton Hicks contractions that were consistently 5 minutes apart last week (32 weeks). Luckily my doctor told me to go to labor and delivery and they said everything's fine. So I've been a little nervous since that incident, but not too nervous. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN