Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Well that explains why I'm so uncomfortable...

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:14 AM
  • 31 Replies

Baby is weighing 8.9 right now. Doctor says he might be 9lbz even by the time of delivery (7 more days :D yay...) 

I'm feelin' it too...it takes pretty much an hour before I can get comfortable enough to fall asleep, and breathing is coming hard. All I"m thinking about though is what I'm going to do with these newborn diapers and clothes...will they fit?..Should I keep them?...I have no idea...

Anyone else with a big baby, what did you do with your newborn stock?   

photo Nickysilly_zps1bdda502.jpg
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheyAreMyLoves
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:26 AM
2 moms liked this
I learned not to buy anything newborn size after my first born was 8lbs 11oz. 2nd baby was 8lbs 9oz and 3rd baby was 9lb 4.5oz.
My kids come out in 0-3 or 3-6m clothing.
I would wait and see, though. Those "estimates" can sometimes be way off and you could possibly have a much smaller or bigger baby than they guess at this point.
If baby IS 8-9lbs you MIGHT get a week or two worth of wear out of newborn stuff of you're lucky but I'd see if there is a consignment store you could sell them to for $$ towards bigger sizes.
skittlefart
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:39 AM

I might have to try that. We were really just using some clothes that our first ds went through. We kept thinking, "okay, he was only 6lbs 7oz, so it shouldn't be to far of a stretch from baby 2." We didn't really figure in that ds1 was premature, haha. 

Quoting TheyAreMyLoves:

I learned not to buy anything newborn size after my first born was 8lbs 11oz. 2nd baby was 8lbs 9oz and 3rd baby was 9lb 4.5oz.
My kids come out in 0-3 or 3-6m clothing.
I would wait and see, though. Those "estimates" can sometimes be way off and you could possibly have a much smaller or bigger baby than they guess at this point.
If baby IS 8-9lbs you MIGHT get a week or two worth of wear out of newborn stuff of you're lucky but I'd see if there is a consignment store you could sell them to for $$ towards bigger sizes.

mrs.ramirez
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:50 AM

My biggest baby was 7.2 lbs and I managed to get a considerable amount of wear time out of nb clothes. 

GL :) 

Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this

I would take that with a grain of salt.

They told me the same thing, at 37weeks my dd was measuring 9lbs! I was freaking out. She ended up onlyy being 7.8lbs

VintageWife
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Mine were 9 lbs 11 oz, 8 lbs 9 oz, and 8 lbs 15 oz (early). I don't buy newborn stuff for the most part. I buy a couple of outfits in newborn and put them in the diaperbag just in case.

MybabyKisses
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:32 AM

My son weighed 8.2 but lost down to 7.2. He fit his newborn dipes and clothes for a while bc he was still tiny. Also the day I went for my BPP they measured him at 8.9 I had him the next day and he was not 8.9 so that could be off anyways.

CafeMom Tickers
krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM

My dd came at 36 weeks and at that time they did an us before i had her and they said she would be about 7.5 to 8# and i was like AT 36 WEEKS?! well, she came out about 5 hours later at 5#10oz lol. That ultrasound was a LIE. she was in nb sizes for like 2 months.

My ds they said he would be about 6.5 at 38 weeks. He came at 39 and was 7.14 so it was closer but still not quite there.

I am hoping for a similar size to my ds. I just think the birth was easier lol! which is crazy because he was bigger. it was probably because it was baby 2.

CafeMom Tickers
Kris0309
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM

My oldest son was 9lbs 4 1/2oz! That was less than a week after they told me he was going to be around 7.5 lbs! Their guesses can be off. I would keep everything until you know for sure he won't fit in them. Anything that hasn't been open, I would definitely return or exchange. My son was in 0-3 for a couple of weeks then went into 3 months. He never wore anything NB, even the NB diapers woudn't fit.

Good luck on your precious baby boy!! :)

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM

My kiddos were all skinny enough for preemie even though they were nb sized. Many bigger babies are still skinny enough for nb sized for a short time anyway! Don't take the word of the Dr just yet, they can be up to two pounds off. I was told with all of my kids I was having 8-9 lbers easy. The largest was 7 lbs 9 oz. This baby again I am being told is HUGE! I am still gathering preemie clothes!

skittlefart
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Thanks guys! I'm in high hopes that this baby actually turns out to be a small fry :) But I've got everything if he turns out to be a big boy too, haha. Guess we'll have to see in 7 more days!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)