Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Same fundal height for several weeks?

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:10 AM
  • 9 Replies
I'm looking for a little input. At 35+4 weeks I was measuring just shy of 38 weeks. Since the 22 week mark, I've measured ahead 3-5 weeks. Yesterday at 37w5d (38 week checkup) I was still measuring the same. Same doctor, he even double checked to make sure his measurement was correct.

It's a little bit of a concern since baby girl has consistently been flipping breech and then head down again, and we have something reason to suspect something is keeping her from staying put (like extra fluid, cord entanglement, short cord, extra spacious uterus- we don't know). Has anyone had their fundal height just stop progressing in the final few weeks? I know, I know.. it can be a number of things and logically that sounds right, but I can't help but worry. My midwife and the OB I saw are thinking if there's no change by early next week that a. ultrasound and NST are in order. I was warned to really watch how much she's moving so if it hadn't been mentioned, I wouldn't worry so much.
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I had been measuring right on target until the end.  She moved constantly.  I had several weeks where I went from on target to below, once 3 weeks under.  They let it ride for two weeks or so and said if things didn't change I'd have the ultrasound but she was just curled up and when she stretched out some things measured to one week behind.  

It was only at the very end so I didn't question my due date.  She was 8lbs and change when born and my ultrasounds for the NST/BPP were right on target.  

For now, don't stress.  

She moving around a lot? 

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Its precaution!! Its the OBs job to be precautious and watch for all the things that CAN go wrong in a pregnancy!! Like you said it could be lots of things from simple to not so simple!! I think if your concerned the u/s and NST are definately a good idea. And keeping an eye on movement is never a bad thing!

This baby I am carrying now has been.....oddly positioned the whole pregnancy. It makes me wonder if it will make for a longer labor because position is off. (Guess we shall see) but I also know that cord was up near/maybe around baby's head. That concerned me. But short cords, cords around the neck, etc are common!! I am just gonna keep a close eye on baby's movements and be sure to call immediately if their is a difference in movement. Especially since this baby is SUPER active!

Try to relax hun, drink plenty of water, and maybe you will deliver your healthy bean before you need to stress and worry with an u/s etc!!!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:18 PM

In spurts. She moves more when I'm up and walking, moving around, etc. It's becoming a chore to get her to move when I rest! But yeah, walking around the store last night, you could see my belly shape changing every few seconds because of all the action. Feet and knees galore!

Quoting anxiousschk:

I had been measuring right on target until the end.  She moved constantly.  I had several weeks where I went from on target to below, once 3 weeks under.  They let it ride for two weeks or so and said if things didn't change I'd have the ultrasound but she was just curled up and when she stretched out some things measured to one week behind.  

It was only at the very end so I didn't question my due date.  She was 8lbs and change when born and my ultrasounds for the NST/BPP were right on target.  

For now, don't stress.  

She moving around a lot? 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I'm going to let it go for the weekend and then afterwards, if i'm still worrying, ask for the ultrasound and nst earlier than my Friday appointment. We went and walked almost two miles last night between walking to/from the park and at the store with the kiddos and there's some drastic change in her position, my comfort level, and the length of my cervix (checked it myself). I know a lot of this could just be because she's been in a bad position. 

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow, so I'm kind of hoping she comes soon to avoid any kind of issues in the first place.

Quoting NoraDun:

Its precaution!! Its the OBs job to be precautious and watch for all the things that CAN go wrong in a pregnancy!! Like you said it could be lots of things from simple to not so simple!! I think if your concerned the u/s and NST are definately a good idea. And keeping an eye on movement is never a bad thing!

This baby I am carrying now has been.....oddly positioned the whole pregnancy. It makes me wonder if it will make for a longer labor because position is off. (Guess we shall see) but I also know that cord was up near/maybe around baby's head. That concerned me. But short cords, cords around the neck, etc are common!! I am just gonna keep a close eye on baby's movements and be sure to call immediately if their is a difference in movement. Especially since this baby is SUPER active!

Try to relax hun, drink plenty of water, and maybe you will deliver your healthy bean before you need to stress and worry with an u/s etc!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:23 PM

bump

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM

That is good, continue and hopefully it will help!! I am trying to take it semi easy before we leave for the beach as to not have a beach baby. The only real thing I have been doing to help position is swimming! But once we get back my plan is to walk alot as well, and hopefully his/her position will be better for delivery! I definately think position can effect sooooo much!! Hopefully you deliver before we leave :) Or I get a suprise when we return!! I am looking forward to the update!!!

Quoting Pandapanda:

I'm going to let it go for the weekend and then afterwards, if i'm still worrying, ask for the ultrasound and nst earlier than my Friday appointment. We went and walked almost two miles last night between walking to/from the park and at the store with the kiddos and there's some drastic change in her position, my comfort level, and the length of my cervix (checked it myself). I know a lot of this could just be because she's been in a bad position. 

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow, so I'm kind of hoping she comes soon to avoid any kind of issues in the first place.

Quoting NoraDun:

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I'm not sure, but I hope everything turns out ok!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetpeasmom200
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:55 AM

My fundal measurement didn't change for 3 weeks then I had a c-section early because my DD was no longer growing.  After 2 weeks of fundal measurement not changing they sent me for an ultrasound and thought it would be safer to deliver because she was still measuring what she did 4 weeks earlier.  I would see if you can have a ultrasound to measure growth.  Good Luck!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I was measuring really far ahead for a while & I stayed at the same a couple weeks & caught up a little & then just recently I slowed down again because baby dropped so I was 37cm for like 3 wks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured