Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Any 2nd time Mommies...

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM
  • 26 Replies

That have some suggestions for a registry that might be overlooked? Or that you wish you had added with your first child? I feel like we have a good grasp on the basics and we are trying to just stick to basic needs with a few helpful down the road things but is there anything that you thought was important that wasnt at all? or that you didnt realize how important it was until your baby came?

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nerdychick
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:28 AM

While I am not a 2nd time mommy (try more like working on 6th lol) I love my bassanet.. When they are very little its nice to have it right beside the bed for middle of the night feedings (crib is across the room and I am lazy) While its not a nessesity its just something I myself just love to have. and the one I have can be easly taken apart and fits nicely in the trunk for a trip to grandmas. The most useless thing for me was the diper genie.. We have to take the trash out at least twice a day anyway so for me it was kinda useless but I know lots of ppl that just love it. 

EmbraceTheChaos
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I have def heard the genie is a waste! I'm thinking of just getting a small trash can with a lid...
3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

5th time mommy BUT those little saline nose kits for colds for infants...I always needed one and never had one! I bought one this time around...it's medicine free just a nose bulb and some saline solution but it's one thing that's good to have around. (it's called "little noses stuffy nose kit")

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Can never have enough burp cloths!

Some baby's use a few a day and some go threw them like it's air! lol

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Baby shoes are a waiste...the baby can't walk, it really doesn't need shoes!

cuppycake91
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM

The most useless stuff I had was all the gear. Swing, bouncer, playmat...DD just always wanted to be attatched to a boob. lol The crib was also useless she flat out REFUSED to sleep in it no idea why.

If I were going to get any of those things for the little dude I would find them used/cheap.

Things I used the most-Blankets, onesies, nursing pillow, rocking chair, boobs lol...I think that's pretty much it really.  Oh and a breast pump came in handy at first since we had latching issues.

krusesbaby
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM

This is my third baby and i am just having a diaper shower. Disposables, cloth, cloth covers, burp cloths and wipes lol we have everything from our other two so dont need anything else.

of course you cant have enough laundry detergant -whatever brand you use-, baby soap and shampoo, and those pesky little socks!

CafeMom Tickers
krusesbaby
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

OH! If your nursing-

for my second i envested the 55 some odd dollars in the My Breast Friend pillow. BEST ENVESTMENT OF MY LIFE!! no joke. I love that thing. back support, baby support everything. Used it in the hospital too and one of the nurses said she was going to buy one for her daughter. If your nursing i would definatly recomend that! can get on walmart.com too

CafeMom Tickers
CmC1307
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:29 AM

The rock n play. O man we used that thing constantly, took it with us everywhere and it was great because she ended up having reflux. That thing was a life saver seriously!

CmC1307
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

oh yeah burp clothes and bibs !!! I never felt like i had enough until she was like a year old lol

Quoting 3kidz123:

Can never have enough burp cloths!

Some baby's use a few a day and some go threw them like it's air! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)