Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MORNING SICKNESS!!!ahh!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:34 PM
  • 25 Replies
Someone please help me, I feel like I'm dying. Im pregnant with my second child and only am 6 1/2 weeks along. I didn't experience this morning sickness wiht my first child. Food makes me want to vomit but i have to eat every five minutes to make the nausea subside. Sometimes I vomits, sometimes I don't. Im totally desperate but I cannot function at home, work or anywhere, I just want to lay on the couch in agony!! I have tried eating big, small meals, every hour, crackers, carbs, gingerale,popsicles, B6 with unisom, but NOTHING is helping. I just really feel like im dying and I am willing to try anything to make it better. PLEASE PLEASE give me some ideas ladies!!!
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmidget865
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:12 PM
Aw, poor girl Frown What I would do is contact your obgyn and let them know what you're going through. My friend had an issue with nausea and couldn't keep anything down and they were able to give her an anti-nausea prescription med and it helped her out a ton. I hope you feel better hun. I HATE feeling nauseous!
pregnantterry
by on May. 7, 2007 at 5:11 PM
Ok I know it seems like you are stuck in a pit and will never get out but you will....unfortunately not for a few weeks yet.

I am a dance teacher- and let me tell you teaching the classes while sitting in a chair was not fun!

Are you taking your prenatals with food? That may help. Have you tried FLAT gingerale or pretzels...that is what got me through. And I know it sounds crazy, but for some reason I could eat spaghettios?????

And try not to lie down after eating- walking around after does help.

I found that I was better as long as I did not let myself get hungry- once I felt a hunger pang then it was all over.

Did you try the Pregnancy Pops? I  found out about then at the tail end of my morning sickness but I have heard they work.

Hang in there-  I am 12 weeks and I am done with the nausea. I can eat anything I want now-which is dangerous.
Sexymama1929
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2007 at 5:59 PM
Sometimes when you take prenatal pills it will make you sicker. Especially if there's nothing in your stomach to begin with. Also, talk to your doc. Sometimes they can do something about your morning sickness. Don't let it get to the point where they put you in the hospital for dehydration. That's what I did this last time. I kept telling myself It'll get better, and it never did. Good luck, and I hope you find something that works!!
LisaH2007
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:42 PM
I would call you doctor.  I had such bad morning sickness with this pregnancy that they had to put me on some pills to calm it down.  The pills made it a little more barable.  I also kept telling myself at first that it would get better, and I ended up in the ER at 8 weeks with dehydration.  I'm currently almost 16 weeks and still fell sick 24/7, but like I said it's a lot more barable (I still take some anti-nausea pills every couple days).I wish you the best of luck, and really know what you're going through!!
mamirodriguez
by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:24 PM
Thanks for all the comments ladies!! I am going to try your suggestions!! where can you get those preg. pops btw?? just at an ordinary grocery store??
sassylitmom
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:17 PM
You can look on ebay and do a seach "morning sickness" and lots of things show up.I got the wrist bands and  heard that works.I just ordered them .Good Luck!!!!
Amelia_Bd
by on May. 9, 2007 at 3:59 AM
Hi! It might sound ridiculous but the only thing that worked for me were the sea bands. They are two little wrist bands with a little plastic bead in then that put pressure on a certain spot on your wrist (acupressure). Anyway it worked really great for me and they were easy to find and really cheap too! Good luck and congratulation!!
MicMac
by on May. 9, 2007 at 10:34 AM
I too can relate going on 11 weeks.  For me none of the above worked until the sea bands.  However, the more my hcg #'s went up the less my bands worked. But, they are still on my arms and Im like a mad dog if someone suggests I take them off.  Just in case.  I hate to take them off cuz even though im still sick, I know I can be sicker.  I get gaggy before I eat and after I eat.  The only relief is while I eat.  Sigh.  I had a girl first (3 years ago) (6th pregnancy now) 2nd child on the way hopefully is making me sick too.. who knows.. another girl?
bellamama1231
by on May. 9, 2007 at 10:40 AM
You can get preggie pop (or the drops) at maternity stores. I got mine at Motherhood Maternity. They have them on the counter by the register. They're about $5, but they work wonders!!
onedayatatime
by on May. 9, 2007 at 10:42 AM
Also ruby red grapefruit or lemons can help. And eating a high proten snack at night helps relieve morning sickness and try putting crackers and dry cereal at the bedside and eating them and let it settle before getting out of the bed inthe morning. eat small meal severy 2 hrs, drink your water in between meals and if n vitamins bother you , you canget thesme nutrients you need with 3 childrens chewables(like flintstone vitamins).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured