Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

MORNING SICKNESS!!!ahh!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Someone please help me, I feel like I'm dying. Im pregnant with my second child and only am 6 1/2 weeks along. I didn't experience this morning sickness wiht my first child. Food makes me want to vomit but i have to eat every five minutes to make the nausea subside. Sometimes I vomits, sometimes I don't. Im totally desperate but I cannot function at home, work or anywhere, I just want to lay on the couch in agony!! I have tried eating big, small meals, every hour, crackers, carbs, gingerale,popsicles, B6 with unisom, but NOTHING is helping. I just really feel like im dying and I am willing to try anything to make it better. PLEASE PLEASE give me some ideas ladies!!!
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:34 PM
Replies (21-25):
Jo-Anna
by on May. 17, 2007 at 12:22 AM

Quoting mamirodriguez:

Thanks for all the comments ladies!! I am going to try your suggestions!! where can you get those preg. pops btw?? just at an ordinary grocery store??

I have seen them at Motherhood Maternity. 

I have had that prescription for nausea (phengran or something like that) and it worked great, but it knocked me out! 

good luck - hope you feel better soon.
jellybellymomma
by on May. 17, 2007 at 1:31 AM
yeah, the script i got is supposed to make you drowsy. as if i'm not tired enough as it is! man i'm sleeping till 2 pm! i usually get up at 7 am. this is why i wanted to try the bands first.
collinsdoxies
by on May. 17, 2007 at 5:10 AM
My gyno gave me a perscription called "promethazine" its an anti-nausia pill. The only bad thing is it makes you drowsy, Im a stay at home mom, so during my pregnancy i didnt have to work. but it helped me out. I quit taking my prenatals too, some women cant handle them. that helped out alot, and if you insist on taking them, take them at night with some crackers, you wont be so sick in the morning.
coridunn
by on May. 17, 2007 at 6:37 AM
Ladies!  I went to bed sick last night and woke up sick this morning.  My hubby went and got me some PEPPERMINT TEA and OMG!!!!  I LOVE HIM!!!!  I feel so much better.  The initial smell had me running the opposite direction but when I began to drink it..WOW!  Try it, see if it works for you.  Good luck!  Feel better!
jellybellymomma
by on May. 17, 2007 at 4:12 PM
well, so far the bands seem to be working. bye bye morning sickness!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)