Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blood Test Results

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:35 PM
  • 3 Replies
I finally got my blood test results today.  I'm thrilled that I passed my GD test but I didnt do so good on the rest of it.  My white blood cell count is high and the red count is low.  This means I might have anemia but I have to wait to talk to my doctor about it and my next appointment isnt until the 21st.  Anyone else experiencing this??
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
telecomgirl
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:44 PM
My blood test was done last Tuesday, and on Friday I got a call telling me that I'm anemic - so my doctor started me on iron pills the same day.

I didn't have this problem with my last pregnancy, so I'm new to this as well.

I hope this pregnancy goes well for you :)

pregnantterry
by on May. 7, 2007 at 5:26 PM
My iron levels were low..... they put me on an Iron supplement and said that should do the trick. Only problem is that is causes constipation, big time. So I take Colace with it, but I am still uncomfortable. I am trying to up my iron intake with food so I don't have to take one every day.
SexyCocoaMama
by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:56 PM
I have anemia and they put me on iron suplements.  I snack on dried prunes everyday to help keep my bowel movements regular because they say iron supplements make you constipated and it seems to work.  I also make sure the food i eat during the day has iron in it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)