Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I'm in the l&d and only 29 weeks 3 days **Update**

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 13 Replies

Welp, I am in labor and delivery because I started having contractions since this morning....3 of them within 10 minutes.
At this time, I was starting to get ready for work.
My hair dryer stopped working, so I went down to the neighbor lady's house, to borrow hers and ended up talking to her for a few minutes and in that time, I had 3 more.

I called my doctors office and asked what they want me to do and they said to come in and get a NST.
Ever since we've gotten here, my contractions are regular, at every 3 minutes.
They checked my cervix almost 2 hours ago and there was nothing but they want to check me again in about an hour and if there's no dilation, they'll give me something to stop the contractions but worst case scenario, I'll be transferred to Pittsburgh where they're more equipped to handle a possible pre-term labor.

Not gonna lie, SO and I are a little worried right now because I'm only 29 weeks 3 days.
Keep me in your thoughts ladies, we don't want to have this baby just yet.

Update:

After several hours of being hooked up to the NST equipment, nurses in and out of my room and havig my cervix checked, I was able to be sent home as long as I promised that if my contractions get stronger, that I will go back immediately.
My cervix showed no change, so that made my doctor feel better about sending me home.
I was told that I needed to drink a gallon of water today, stay home from work and rest, so that's what I'm doing.

I felt pretty calm for the most part while in the hospital because the nurses were aweome....they came in and talked to SO and I, they kept close eye on me and my doctor was calling every half hour or so, to check on me, so I really felt looked after by the staff and my doctor.

Now, my goal is to keep this little bean in there as long as possible, so water has to be my best friend from here on out.
I can do this, it's just gonna take some work on mine and SO's part.

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaK2010
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Dont stress that will only make the situation worse. On the plus side if you are in adctive labour there are measures they can take to stop your labour. Worst case sceanario they deliver your baby and they spend some time in the NICU you are past he danger zone so baby would be fine to be delivered this early. Sending prayers your way!

MomOf3AngelBabe
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Im sorry hun. Try to relax as much as you can. I went into preterm at 19 weeks, the next day I had a cerclage. Went into labor again at 27w and they almost couldnt stop it. Every day your little one is in there, he or she makes great progress. I was given ProCardia injections, another BP med but cant remember the name of it and Magnesium Sulfate. There are a lot of things they can do these days. ;) I went to live in the hospital until they were born at 32w. Try to stay calm and if you pray, definitely do it. ;) Its going to be ok. Hugs!!

Princess111201
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:30 AM
Hang in there Hun. The more you stress and worry its going to make things worse. So try to relax. Where do you live? You said you might be transferred to Pittsburgh?
LNLMommy
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Hope everything turn out ok!

LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I was worried but not really stressed because I knew they'd do everything they could to keep my baby girl in there.
The nurses were awesome and my doctor was on the phone, calling them every half hour, so I felt very looked after.

Quoting MamaK2010:

Dont stress that will only make the situation worse. On the plus side if you are in adctive labour there are measures they can take to stop your labour. Worst case sceanario they deliver your baby and they spend some time in the NICU you are past he danger zone so baby would be fine to be delivered this early. Sending prayers your way!

lauren.m
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:55 AM
everything will be ok :) I went into labor around 28 weeks with 2 of my pregnancies got hooked up for a few hrs and they gave me a series of 3 shots to stop labor then sent me home with pills to take every 4 -6 hrs. My son was born at 34 weeks but is healthy and my twins stayed in til 39.5. They can do wonderful things to keep baby in there. Don't stress even tho I know its hard not to. I'm from beaver county pa and I've been to Pittsburgh hospital for my kids. My niece was born with hydrops and they were able to save her.so even if baby does come You are in good hands :)
LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Staying calm wasn't an option. lol
What was supposed to be a 30-45 minute test, turned out to be several hours.
SO was at my side the entire time, except for when the nurse gave me the go ahead to have something to eat, so he went and got me dinner.

I did worry a little but I knew I wad in good hands.

Quoting MomOf3AngelBabe:

Im sorry hun. Try to relax as much as you can. I went into preterm at 19 weeks, the next day I had a cerclage. Went into labor again at 27w and they almost couldnt stop it. Every day your little one is in there, he or she makes great progress. I was given ProCardia injections, another BP med but cant remember the name of it and Magnesium Sulfate. There are a lot of things they can do these days. ;) I went to live in the hospital until they were born at 32w. Try to stay calm and if you pray, definitely do it. ;) Its going to be ok. Hugs!!

LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I live about 5 minutes away from Pittsburgh but my doctors office is 50 minutes away from here, so we drove out there for the nst and then told they worst case scenario, that I'd be transferred back to Pittsburgh. lol

Quoting Princess111201:

Hang in there Hun. The more you stress and worry its going to make things worse. So try to relax. Where do you live? You said you might be transferred to Pittsburgh?

LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Thank you!

Quoting LNLMommy:

Hope everything turn out ok!

Karopie_99
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Hope everything is ok! And baby stays in the oven a bit longer
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN