Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

boy or girl???

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:51 PM
  • 10 Replies
How far along was everyone before they found out what they were having i am only 16 weeks but i can't wait to find out I have appt on the 17 do you think they will tell me then or wait until my next appt.?
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmidget865
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:15 PM
I think I found out at about 20-25 weeks because my son was so stubborn. Well, she made a guess around then and then confirmed it when I had to go in for an extra check because she couldn't see something clear enough, or something like that. I think it depends on the doctor and the baby really. The baby needs to cooperate and I think that some doctors are better at reading ultrasound's than others. Good luck!
Piscean
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:17 PM
With my oldest, they only did one ultrasound (at 14 weeks) so unfortunately he had to be a surprise lol. With my little one, I found out I think at 18 weeks. And with this one...hopefully asap. LOL. Good luck!
georgiapeach925
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:18 PM
LOL! You may or you may not. I'm 37 weeks along. I didn't find out what I was having until I was about 30 weeks. The baby just wasn't in the right position. The first ultrasound I had, baby was facing us..then it turned its back, so the tech couldn't tell us. The 2nd and 3rd ultrasound, baby's legs were crossed so the tech couldn't see what it was either. I had a 4th ultrasound on March 14..and that's when the tech told us that we had us a little girl. FINALLY! LOL
jett123
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:30 PM
Did they tell you they're doing a sonogram on your next visit? If so they should be able to tell you what your having as long as the baby is cooperating. I just found out Friday I'm having a girl, I'm 18 weeks,I found out with my son at 16 weeks. Some Dr.s like to wait till your 20 weeks. If they didn't tell you they're doing a sono then they're probably not. Both of mine were scheduled, so I knew I was having one before I went.
Blondesmv
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:32 PM
I was 19 weeks 5 days when we found out!
pregomamma921
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:37 PM
I found out at 18 weeks. Your doctor should tell you when your ultrasound is to find out. They make you drink a bottle of water before the appointment so that the baby will move around a lot. But I guess that all depends on your doctor. I know that most like for you to be close to 20 weeks... usually then they can see what it is!
scb2007
by on May. 7, 2007 at 5:16 PM
for obvious reasons, you can usually tell with boys earlier. good luck, hope you find out! i found out at 19 weeks with my little man!
thurstensmom
by Member on May. 7, 2007 at 8:48 PM
I am almost 16 weeks now and my doctor is going to check us out between 18-19 weeks, we are hoping to find out then!
MalachisMommy06
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:51 PM
With my son i found out at 20wks but this time i went at 19wks and 4days and baby had its legs crossed then we ended up findind out Thursday (May 3) i was 23 wks and 4days that baby#2 .. IT'S A GIRL!!! ... due august 29th .. and my little boy wont even be 1 till oct. 13 ... but goodluck hun!!
MalachisMommy06
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:53 PM
OH YEAH ... and since the first time i went to try and find out what this baby was .. at 19wks and 4days and it's legs were crossed i was told this last time to drink mountian dew before my ultrasound .. and baby had her legs wide open!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)