Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pop, small gush of fluid, lots of mucus??? (Update AGAIN)

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 30 Replies

9/1- Had an unexpected visit from the Midwife after having more dampness and cervical pain!! Midwife said I am still dilated 1cm, but that my cervix is extremely soft and baby is low. So I am to continue on pelvic rest (no sex, long walks on the beach, strenuous exercise,  etc) until we hit 37 wks. And she gave me False Unicorn to take as need at the beach. It will stop contractions and has even been known to reverse dilation of the cervix we are doing all we can to keep baby in. As far as the fluid goes she said that it doesn't appear to be my water leaking. Instead she said she believes its just a thin watery discharge perhaps because I lost all of my plug (which she said she could feel) So she feels certain that if we take precautions we can keep baby in another 2 wks!

Oh she also did the strep B test while I had my legs spread LOL. I will get that back in 3 days. I totally expect that will be positive as I had it with #1 and #2

Sept 31-Well so far this AM I feel ok!! I haven't noticed anymore leaking!! Still having cervical pains here and there. But still no contractions. Gonna take it easy like Midwife said and keep my feet up!!!

Sept 30-Midwife got back to me. Her orders were feet up so baby gets off my cervix and let her know if I feel any more trickles of water. Meanwhile I have to continue water intake, continue emergen-c, and start a herb to ease uterine activity! We want baby to stay in a few more weeks. I am still having a ton of cervical pains, ughh it hurts so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sept 30-We were at the store today and I got out of the car and felt a pop (around my cervix) and had what felt like fluid leak. It was a very tiny amount, I wasn't soaked or anything. I went to the bathroom and I had a spot maybe the size of a quarter on my undies. And after peeing I wiped and I just had a TON of shiny mucus on the toilet paper. Since then I have what looks like more of my mucus plug on my undies, and everytime I wipe. Anyone have this happen before? I haven't had any contractions today, but lots of cervical pains.

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Usually when I feel a pop it means my water broke and usually I gush or leak after. It is possible to have an outer bag and inner bag and maybe you popped the outer bag and it only had a little fluid in it.
mfk3
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Your water broke (I think)... I would go to the hospital so you don't risk infection!

Congrats!
tammy_lynne
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Call your doctor just to be safe. Good luck! 

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Quoting norahsmommy:

Usually when I feel a pop it means my water broke and usually I gush or leak after. It is possible to have an outer bag and inner bag and maybe you popped the outer bag and it only had a little fluid in it.

My first thought was....my water?? But then I was like...no, there would be more fluid. I have never had my water break early either, which makes me feel its less likely right?? Normally my water breaks when I am pushing!

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I emailed my midwife, waiting to hear back. Thanks hun :)

Quoting tammy_lynne:

Call your doctor just to be safe. Good luck! 

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM

It would seem to me there would be A LOT more fluid. But who knows. I am planning a homebirth, waiting  on the midwife to call me back. Thanks hun :)

Quoting mfk3:

Your water broke (I think)... I would go to the hospital so you don't risk infection!

Congrats!

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:02 PM
You can always get checked if you are unsure. Be sure to keep things out of your vagina just in case.

My water has broken first with 3 out of 4 kids. The last time I felt 2 big pops while sitting watching a movie. I thought my water broke but nothing came out so I watched the rest of the movie. When I stood up there was a huge gush and my 8 year old yelled " ewww, mom! What did you do?" Lol.

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting norahsmommy:

My first thought was....my water?? But then I was like...no, there would be more fluid. I have never had my water break early either, which makes me feel its less likely right?? Normally my water breaks when I am pushing!

mfk3
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting NoraDun:

It would seem to me there would be A LOT more fluid. But who knows. I am planning a homebirth, waiting  on the midwife to call me back. Thanks hun :)

Quoting mfk3:Your water broke (I think)... I would go to the hospital so you don't risk infection!

Congrats!

I thought so too... one night I woke up and my pants were wet I thought I Peed a little went to the bathroom and nothing. Same thing happend for another night.
Later I went my friend and told her... she offered to take me to the hospital because she tought it was my water. Turns out it was... the only reason I felt it at night was because I had a tear at the top so when I laid down the water would go through the ripped part on top.

I had to get a c section because I risked infection by waiting another day at the hospital with no change.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM

lol aww that is too funny!! I bet you were soooo embarrased LOL

Quoting norahsmommy:

You can always get checked if you are unsure. Be sure to keep things out of your vagina just in case.

My water has broken first with 3 out of 4 kids. The last time I felt 2 big pops while sitting watching a movie. I thought my water broke but nothing came out so I watched the rest of the movie. When I stood up there was a huge gush and my 8 year old yelled " ewww, mom! What did you do?" Lol.

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting norahsmommy:

ilovemykids732
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you sprung a leak with your water dear... <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)