Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnancy rant..

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 16 Replies

Lets allow our hormones to take charge!!!

Here is mine..

I'm told frequently I'm tiny, that they looked like that "when I was 3 months pregnant" (I'm 31 weeks) I don't find it flattering, actually, that makes me feel like shit. I have a very long torso, and baby boy is sideways not filling the space correctly, those who make these harmless comments. Those making these harmless comments, have a shorter stature, and are much more proprtional. Yes I aknowledge they are harmless. But I feel like shit when they say it. I feel like I'm not doing enough for my baby. That he isnt getting what he needs from me. I know its not the truth of the matter, but in that moment, I feel like it is. Then again, I feel like shit when same said people make comments about my size when I'm not pregnant. 

Sorry, its a very sensitive subject for me, because I have sisters who had eating disorders growing up. While then I was successful in not following their footsteps, as I get older, I find myself a little more then self-awear of my bodies appearence. 

Unfortunantly for me, no matter what I have said to them about their comments, they do not stop them

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeautifulFey
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Oooh rant. I want to rant!

I'm sick of pain and exhaustion. 2nd tri is almost worse than 1st tri! My back hurts, my belly hurts from stretching, I'm sick of spider veins popping up. I'm sick of leg cramps and becoming tired out of no where.

I'm sick of some people saying I look to big, and others saying I'm not big enough. I'm sick of waddling!!!!

Gah.

mama_pink_tink
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Ohhhh girrrl I feel ya!! I decided to spare my pains since i was going on about bumps!!!

Quoting BeautifulFey:

I'm sick of pain and exhaustion. 2nd tri is almost worse than 1st tri! My back hurts, my belly hurts from stretching, I'm sick of spider veins popping up. I'm sick of leg cramps and becoming tired out of no where.

I'm sick of some people saying I look to big, and others saying I'm not big enough. I'm sick of waddling!!!!

Gah.

CafeMom Tickers

BeautifulFey
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:31 PM

That's not the half of it, but CM has a character limit haha.

Quoting mama_pink_tink:

Ohhhh girrrl I feel ya!! I decided to spare my pains since i was going on about bumps!!!

Quoting BeautifulFey:

Gah.

JanyasMom
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:39 PM
I'm always hungry I can't reach my feet I wobble when I walk. I'm always eating something. I cany even drive because I get STUCK!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wills_Wifey
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I'm only 7 weeks and I'm already showing (its my second) and my mom's coworker won't lay off about how she thinks I'm having twins and every day I'm getting bigger and bigger. Its really annoying....
LeeBug32
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry. I can understand any comments on size can be a sensitive topic and in my opinion, should not be made. When I was pregnant with DS, at about 5 months, someone asked me if I was still pregnant. When I was close to my DD, one lady said, "Oh my God! You're huge!" I'm only 12 weeks now so no comments yet :)

rwcw89
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:51 PM

everyone keeps commenting how big im getting, asking how much weight ive gained (not much). im tired a lot which makes me cranky, i feel like i look horrible and not sexy anymore, i spend my days running after other peoples kids, my boss who sits on her ass all day pretty much told me to suck up my back pain. im tired of the back cramps out of nowhere. im just tired in general. 

mama_pink_tink
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Amen!!!
Quoting BeautifulFey:

That's not the half of it, but CM has a character limit haha.

Quoting mama_pink_tink:

Quoting BeautifulFey:

Gah.

CafeMom Tickers

mama_pink_tink
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I hate the weight question, with a passion. again, going back to my roots. I have gained a mear 15lbs. its hot , i sweat perfusly, my ds loves to go swimming, I climb 3 flights of stairs just to get to my apt, at minimum 3 times a day, plus the one flight of stairs that I climb at minimum 3 times a day. sooo aggrivating. and wtf is up with your boss????
Quoting rwcw89:

everyone keeps commenting how big im getting, asking how much weight ive gained (not much). im tired a lot which makes me cranky, i feel like i look horrible and not sexy anymore, i spend my days running after other peoples kids, my boss who sits on her ass all day pretty much told me to suck up my back pain. im tired of the back cramps out of nowhere. im just tired in general. 

CafeMom Tickers

mama_pink_tink
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
People can just be so judgmental and rude.
Quoting LeeBug32:

I'm sorry. I can understand any comments on size can be a sensitive topic and in my opinion, should not be made. When I was pregnant with DS, at about 5 months, someone asked me if I was still pregnant. When I was close to my DD, one lady said, "Oh my God! You're huge!" I'm only 12 weeks now so no comments yet :)

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)