Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

early pregnancy weight loss

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM
  • 8 Replies
I am ten weeks pregnant.

Normally I don't weigh myself, but when I found out I was expecting (at week four) I stepped on the scale. I weighed 198.3 lbs.

I got on the scale today and I'm at 188.7 lbs. I've lost close to 10 lbs!

I'm just a little worried. I could understand the weight loss if I was severly sick, but I haven't thrown up once. I don't have an appetite either, but I'm still eating about the same. The only major difference is that I've completely cut out soda, but that would that really cause my to drop 10 lbs?
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mem82
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Don't worry. It's normal. You are eating better. Plus, yeah, cutting out pop can really make you lose some weight. especially if you were bloated.

DesertDuck
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Dropping the soda really could make that big of a difference. Last year, not pregnant, I lost 25 pounds over just a few months solely by dropping soda entirely (I used to drink a lot). It wasn't just the empty calories--suddenly I could tell when I was actually hungry. I wouldn't worry about the weight loss as long as you're eating healthy foods.

Clemency3
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:22 PM

is there a time in between you weighing yourself that the scale was zeroed and maybe wasn't zeroed out the first time? did you weigh yourself the first time in the afternoon and then the next time in the morning? you can easly "lose pounds" by weighing yourself in the morning vs. the afternoon. also think about what you were wearing at both times. jeans/pants will "weigh you down" more than shorts or a light dress will. 

regardless...I lost 15 pounds with my first because of morning sickness. never gained weight till 7 months. i forget with my second what it was like. with this 3rd one I lost some weight, gained back what I lost, lost some more, gained that back plus a little. it's ok as long as baby is measuring fine, your fluid level is fine and so forth. 

CafeMom Tickers
Clemency3
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM

dropping soda like that completely..can easily make you lose that much weight as well. 

CafeMom Tickers
LoveOfWisdom
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I rarely throw up and I lost 15lbs each time with my boys in the beginning. Say hydrated and you'll be fine
Hopeful_2_be
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I wouldn't necessarily worry about it hun. I was losing weight up until my 20 week appointment then my doc told me i had gained 1 lb lol and i hadn't thrown up once but she said as long as i was keeping food down it was just fine to lose some weight! Especially since i am considered overweight it wasnt really a bad thing for me lol
Breekl
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I am not a heavy person at all..I was 134 when I got pregnant lost 8 lbs in the first seven weeks..no vomiting..the doctor did tell me to try taking in more calories until I have gotten some weight back on..
mrs.ramirez
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM

It's normal to lose weight initially.

I lost 20lbs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)