Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Noah Andrew 8-23-13 Birth story and LOTS of pics

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

Starting on Wednesday morning I started to lose my mucous plug. By that night I was having a light bloody show and was extremely crampy and sore! I had a dr appointment that day and I was 3cm and 70%. No change from the week before. I was FRUSTRATED. His head was still floating and stuck on my pelvic bone. I asked him what happened if his head didn't come down and he said well then he'd have to give me a csection. (I shouldn't have asked- I got majorly FREAKED and stressed out!)

So we went to buy an exercise ball. I was determined that this baby was going to come down!!! So I bounced and rocked for about an hour that night. I woke up the next morning (Thursday) to more bloody show and then it stopped for most of the day. I was discouraged and frustrated. All day I was grumpy, irritable, lazy, I didn't leave my bed all day except when I HAD to take to take care of the kids. My husband called me on his way home from work and asked what I wanted for dinner, he was stopping at the grocery store. He mentioned brats, grilled chicken, or a few other things we could grill. I started BAWLING. I told him none of that sounded good and that I wanted a feast. I wanted to sit down with all kinds of food in front of me. J I was seriously crying and hung up on him twice because I was so hungry and frustrated and emotional I felt ridiculous. So he bought a few different things and stopped at the ice cream place and surprised me with my favorite flurry- but he got without nuts because I normally hate nuts. WELL I LOVE nuts in those flurries and normally ask for extra. Once again- the water works started flowing. So I told him all I wanted was Mexican. He said done- get up and get dressed and we'll go eat Mexican. (Gosh, I love him. He does such a good job putting up with me!!!!) So off to the Mexican restaurant we went. ;)

We got home, and I bounced on the ball for another hour or so.

I woke up at 1am to go pee. My doctor was on duty until 7am and I remember getting SOOOO sad and upset that I wasn't in labor and he wasn't going to be there FOR SURE to deliver me. He had told me he would get called in for me but I wasn't sure how that would work if it fell during office hours.  So I went back to bed, depressed. Lol

At 330am I woke up to what felt like a pop- I thought hmm what was that? Did the baby just kick my bladder? And I felt a little gush and I thought OMG THAT BABY KICKED MY BLADDER AND I'M SERIOUSLY PEEING MYSELF RIGHT NOW. But I rolled to get up and it just kept coming. I said "Andrew!" and he asked me what... I about that time my feet hit the ground and I said my water just broke and as soon as I said it you just heard the water POUR out and hit the floor.... It sounded like a serious waterfall. (I had extra fluid) He jumped up quicker than I could think and said okay lets do this! He was on the phone with his mom before I could even register what was going on LOL. I called my mom (my brother was supposed to come stay with the kids) and called, and called and called. No answer. She accidently left her phone in her purse that night.... Now mind you- she told me I was having the baby that night. Real smooth mom! J So I called my dad's phone and some how he heard his cell phone ring across the house. So they brought my brother over. 

My bag wasn't packed yet. I was hoping and praying that I would go into labor naturally, but I honestly just didn't think it would truly happen after having two inductions. So I threw a towel between my legs and waddled to throw stuff in a bag. My husband was  a spazz and I had to keep telling him to chill and relax. It was no big deal. LOL

My contractions started about 4:00- and we left about 410 once my brother got there. By 415 they were coming about every 2-3 minutes. Getting stronger, harder, longer... I called L&D since EVERYONE thought I needed to and told them we were on our way.

We get to the hospital about 4:30 and had to wait for a room- they were absolutely packed with laboring moms! So I was contracting out in the hall as my room was getting cleaned. My doctor walked through and looked at me and said what'd you do... go walk the mall last night?! LOL I just laughed. He said I was hoping I was going to get to see you tonight!

So we get into the room. At this point my contractions are pretty much 1-2 minutes apart I'm guessing. I get checked and I was already a 6 1/2 cm  and 100%. The nurse that checked me though was SOOOO rough.... I mean she like RIPPED her hands out as fast and quick as she could. I wanted to kick her in her face. My doctor came and looked at me and asked if the CRNA was on his way up yet for my epidural. They said they were waiting on lab to get up there. He told them no, page him no otherwise I wasn't going to have a chance to get it. By this point, they were just on top of each other with no break.

The CRNA gets into my room and starts the procedure. I was doing all that I could to sit still and not move through the contractions. Well he starts to put the needle and cath in and he hit either bone or a nerve or something TWICE. Of course, it hurt so bad and I jumped naturally. He got pissed at me. I was like seriously, what am I supposed to do... that was a reflex. Even my mom jumped when she saw me jump. I've never had that happen with my other two epidurals. It absolutely freaked me out. But he got it in and within 15 minutes I was feeling AMAZING. Sorry- natural birth is not for me. At all.

My doctor came in and smiled. He said "ahhh, there's the Ashlee I know!"

He checked me and I was an 8... head was still -2.

He left and came back in about 15 min later and I was a 10.By this point it was about  530-545. He said he was going to let me sit there for a while in hopes his head would come down.

About 630, we started pushing. Head still high and stuck and sideways. There was no budging so he got the forceps out.  He turned his head and got it unstuck and next thing I know my husband was like "I see hair!" I was like "I'm not even pushing!" LOL My doctor said that's fine just relax.  He told me to push 2 different times and then his shoulders and arms were out. He told me to reach down and get him and I got to pull him out. J We did skin-to-skin immediately and they were in no rush to take him from me. It was incredible.

He weighed 7lbs 8oz and was 20 ½ inches long born at 7:08. He was born at 38 weeks 0 days. (My other two kids were 6lbs 7 and 6lbs 13oz a week, and 2 weeks later) So we were surprised at him being so much bigger.  He was a pro-nurser and latched on right away. He was wide awake and alert the whole day. He's just been such a good baby. And we are so in love.  Everything about it was amazing. It's still crazy to me that he's here. We decided to name him Noah Andrew. 

https://sphotos-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1014213_10202067777681993_621726240_n.jpg

The most wonderful thing I decided to do... was to share my life and heart with you.<3

baby
 BabyFruit Ticker

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rozenshyao
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:22 PM

yay congrats! he was born on my son's birthday (hes two) how awesome! glad everything went well. He's a cutie! 

Bailee2b
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM

What a doll!  You got some amazing pictures!  Congrats mama!

WillsMOM72
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Cute pics !!
singlemom0710
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Congrats. He was also born on my son's birthday :) 

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:56 PM

COngrats hun!! He looks just like you!!

esox
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Noah is very cute! He does look pretty alert for being a newborn. Glad your doc was still there to deliver him for you.
lUcKyLoVe22
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Aww what a gorgeous little guy!! Congratulations pretty lady! Best wishes for you and your family!! <3
Christenrenee
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:13 PM

he's absolutely dreamy. 

clintam
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh My Goodness He Just Might Be One Of The Cutest Babies I've Ever Seen! HE Is Perfect! Congrats!
Karopie_99
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Awe congrats!!! You're baby and other kiddos are beautiful!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured